RE: [TexasCzechs] KOLACHES

  • SHines
    Message 1 of 57 , Dec 6, 2008
      Mary, Thank you! That is exactly the information I needed. Are you saying
      your poppy patch usually produces about 1.5 cups of seed? Or am I confused
      and you are not the one growing the poppies? Is there anything special one
      would need to know about the harvesting process? I don't have a farm, but I
      do try to have a small container garden on my patio. Unfortunately its
      shaded most of the day, both summer and winter. But I have other members of
      my family and intentional community that do have gardens. My children know
      Kolache with poppy seed filling, and love them. This year I plan to
      introduce my intentional community members to poppy seed Kolache for a
      Solstice feast we are planning. This is the time of year to call forth the
      sun, prosperity, and opportunity for the new year. Sort of on the lines of
      my father's black eye peas on New Years tradition. (Making note to prepare a
      batch of peas for the celebration)

      Sally

      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 11, 2008

        Thank ya!