Obit: Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"

  • janapivec
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
      My Uncle Bill was not Czech, but was married to my Aunt Delores
      (Piwetz) for over 60 years.

      Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"

      On November 28, 2008, WILLIAM CASWELL (BILL) ROWLETT, JR., age 84,
      did go gentle into that good night. He is done with suffering now and
      beyond all pain. Born November 14, 1924 to William C. Rowlett, Sr.,
      and Myrtle Johnson Rowlett, he was a child of the depression and a
      member of the U. S. Army Air Corps in World War II. A graduate of
      Milby High School, he attended the University of Houston for 3 years
      after the war. He worked most of his life for Main Glass and
      Binswanger Glass in Houston. That rare individual, a native
      Houstonian, he was a dynamic member of numerous civic organizations,
      and he devoted countless hours to Scouting and community development
      efforts. He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Dolores Marie
      Rowlett, son William Douglas Rowlett, daughter-in-law Linda Lussier
      Rowlett, grandson Ellis Robinson Giles and his wife Mary Helen Giles,
      grandson William Caswell Rowlett III, grandson Evan William Rowlett,
      and great-grandson Alden Samuel Giles. All who met him liked him. All
      who came to know him came to love him. A caring, gentle, honorable
      man, his spirit, advice, humor, and kindness will be sorely missed.
      Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, December 3, in Brenham
      Memorial Chapel. Interment will be Thursday at Forest Park Cemetery,
      Lawndale, in Houston. Services are in the care of: BRENHAM MEMORIAL
      CHAPEL 2300 Stringer, Brenham, TX, 77833 979-836-3611 www.brenham-
      memorial-chapel.com
      Published in the Houston Chronicle from 12/1/2008 - 12/2/2008
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2008
        My condolences on your uncle's passing. It is amazing that he and your aunt were blessed with over 60 years of marriage.

        Matt Cross
        lennonluv@...

        > To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
        > From: jesenwei@...
        > Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:48:15 +0000
        > Subject: [TexasCzechs] Obit: Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"
        >
        > My Uncle Bill was not Czech, but was married to my Aunt Delores
        > (Piwetz) for over 60 years.
        >
        > Rowlett Jr., William Caswell "Bill"
        >
        > On November 28, 2008, WILLIAM CASWELL (BILL) ROWLETT, JR., age 84,
        > did go gentle into that good night. He is done with suffering now and
        > beyond all pain. Born November 14, 1924 to William C. Rowlett, Sr.,
        > and Myrtle Johnson Rowlett, he was a child of the depression and a
        > member of the U. S. Army Air Corps in World War II. A graduate of
        > Milby High School, he attended the University of Houston for 3 years
        > after the war. He worked most of his life for Main Glass and
        > Binswanger Glass in Houston. That rare individual, a native
        > Houstonian, he was a dynamic member of numerous civic organizations,
        > and he devoted countless hours to Scouting and community development
        > efforts. He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Dolores Marie
        > Rowlett, son William Douglas Rowlett, daughter-in-law Linda Lussier
        > Rowlett, grandson Ellis Robinson Giles and his wife Mary Helen Giles,
        > grandson William Caswell Rowlett III, grandson Evan William Rowlett,
        > and great-grandson Alden Samuel Giles. All who met him liked him. All
        > who came to know him came to love him. A caring, gentle, honorable
        > man, his spirit, advice, humor, and kindness will be sorely missed.
        > Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Wednesday, December 3, in Brenham
        > Memorial Chapel. Interment will be Thursday at Forest Park Cemetery,
        > Lawndale, in Houston. Services are in the care of: BRENHAM MEMORIAL
        > CHAPEL 2300 Stringer, Brenham, TX, 77833 979-836-3611 www.brenham-
        > memorial-chapel.com
        > Published in the Houston Chronicle from 12/1/2008 - 12/2/2008

        Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.