translation

  • Nancy Callan
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 6, 2008
      I need help translating a post card. I've posted it on photos, in the album necallan. It's
      written in pencil and is very hard to see but, I'm hoping someone with good eyes can help.
      Thanks, Nancy
    • Jana Vaculik
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 7, 2008
        FYI: This postcard has both Texas Czech and Czech words mixed together.

        Dear cousins Eddie and Rosie,

        Marguerite sends this to you so you all would see how she fared/ended
        up and mother. Also the teacher Miss Anastasia Bordovska who you know
        from Kost.

        So with heartfelt greetings with kisses to Rosinka
        Always your cousin(female),

        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Callan" <necallan@...> wrote:

        > I need help translating a post card. I've posted it on photos, in
        the album necallan. It's
        > written in pencil and is very hard to see but, I'm hoping someone
        with good eyes can help.
        > Thanks, Nancy

      • nancy callan
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 7, 2008
          I couldn't figure out much because of the Texas Czech and Czech words mixing...I'm glad you can.  I know I'll have some more puzzles to translate...thanks so much.  Nancy

          On Nov 7, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Jana Vaculik wrote:

          FYI: This postcard has both Texas Czech and Czech words mixed together.

          Dear cousins Eddie and Rosie,

          Marguerite sends this to you so you all would see how she fared/ended
          up and mother. Also the teacher Miss Anastasia Bordovska who you know
          from Kost.

          So with heartfelt greetings with kisses to Rosinka
          Always your cousin(female) ,

          --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "Nancy Callan" <necallan@.. .> wrote:

          > I need help translating a post card. I've posted it on photos, in
          the album necallan. It's
          > written in pencil and is very hard to see but, I'm hoping someone
          with good eyes can help.
          > Thanks, Nancy

        • Joe Levek
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 20, 2010
            Seeking translation of the following words on my great grandmothers tombstone.

             "Pod ochranu Tvoy Zílriumriti poprcj nam o Jezisí S Bohem odpocivc nase mila manzellio z Malinko.".

            Joe Levek