Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Svrcek book

  • pfoster
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 1, 2008
      Thank You.  This my grgrgr Uncle John Valigura and Aunt Anna Sitka who also lived in Hraince with brothers Pavel and Mike then moved back to Taiton.  The Valiguras mrried into a lot of these families listed.  paulasmaggie
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 23, 2010
        I am interested in finding information within this book.

        Here are the page numbers that interest me:

        Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
        > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
        > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa:
        151
        > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
        > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

        Thank you
        Joe Levek

      • CWarschak@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 23, 2010
               Joe,

               I'm not sure what information you are seeking but the following is what is contained in the Svrcek book.
               Page 134 states that Frank Oharek, Sr. had settled in Moulton before 1879.

               Page 151 refers to donations of articles for the new brick church in Praha in 1892, costing about $12,000.00.
               Page 151 states that Frank Oharek, Sr. and Vinc Okruhlik donated the third window in back of the main alter.
                                              Marie Rosina Okruhlik donated the Blessed Virgin Alter.
                                              Martin and Rosa Okruhlik donated the Baptismal Font.

               Page 154 states that Father Theofil J. Okruhlik O.M.I. was ordained June 3, 1939 and celebrated his first Holy Mass in Praha.

               I assume this is the information that you are seeking.

               Carroll Warschak
               Waco, Texas

          I am interested in finding information within this book.

          Here are the page numbers that interest me:

          Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
          > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
          > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
          > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
          > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

          Thank you
          Joe Levek

        • Joe Levek
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
            Carroll,

            Do you know of anyone that has researched the Okruhlik family?  There are so many of them that I do need help with verifying the information that I do have now. I am from the Vinc Okruhlik family, a great grandson. (Can anyone else help me with a family researcher contact?)

            Also, the Marie Rosina Okruhlik that donated the Blessed Virgin Alter, would you know if she was the daughter out of the Michael Okruhlik family?  Father Theofil J. Okruhlik, I need help with him, additional information.

            Thank you for any information.
            Joe Levek

            I am interested in finding information within this book.

            Here are the page numbers that interest me:

            Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
            > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
            > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
            > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
            > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

            Thank you
            Joe Levek

          • CWarschak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 15, 2010
              Joe,

              Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the names you are researching.  All the info that I have is from the Svrcek book.

              Carroll

              I am interested in finding information within this book.

              Here are the page numbers that interest me:

              Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
              > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
              > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
              > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154
              > Okruhlik, Vinc: 151

              Thank you
              Joe Levek

            • Paula Foster
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 15, 2010
                Czech Family History Texas Czech Genealogical Book Volume II
                page 610 submitted by Charles and Geralyn Klimitchek

                Martin Okruhlik, his wife Rozina Micola Ohkruhlik & 3 sons Vincent, Michael, and John arrived from Rosnov pod Radhostem, Moravia in 1870.  They came to Frelsurg in Colorado County.  From there they moved to Praha in Fayette County.  Mony of their descendants still live in the area.  Michael Okruhlik later married Frances Oharek.  Frances was born in Tlumacov Moravia.  The and her family came to Texas around 1880.

                Okrouhlik (also spelled Okruhlik) consists of 2 brothers, four sisters:
                Matous & Josephine (Okrouhlik)) Levek
                Henry & Louisa? or Aloise (maiden name unknown( Okrouhlik
                Frank & Mary (Okrouhlik) Vana
                Frank & Mary (Vana) Okrouhlik
                Joe & Katherine (Okrouhlik) Vana
                Joe & Frances (Okrouhlik) Jasek

                Hopes this helps.  paulasmaggie

                Sorry, but I am not at all familiar with the names you are researching.  All the info that I have is from the Svrcek book.

                Carroll

                I am interested in finding information within this book.

                Here are the page numbers that interest me:

                Oharek, Frank Sr.: 134, 151
                > Okruhlik, Marie Rosina: 151
                > Okruhlik, Martin and Rosa: 151
                > Okruhlik, Theofil J.: 154