Research info?

  • billeckfamily
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2008
      The families that I research are in Fayette Co. I live out of state,
      but we're taking a trip to the Dallas / Ft. Worth area soon.

      Are there any places there to research the Czech heritage?

      Thank you for any help on this.
    • sylviajean12@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2008
        I have done a little research at the Dallas/Ft. Worth area downtown.  My people I was looking for ended up in this area.  If you are going to be in Dallas/Ft. Worth, it would probably be worth your while to check this information out.  Dallas has a big library with a large collelction of geneology information.  I have done some researching there, but not in recent years.  There are lots of Czechs (or I should say decendents of Czechs).  Most of the people that came as immigrants are no longer alive.  I was pretty successful finding information on both my father's and mothers families that came from the Czechoslovakia.  My father was born in the Kladno area.

        If you are going to be in the area,. it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and check what they have.  Since I was looking for my relatives that came in at Galveston and made their way up to Central Texas.  The library is located in downdown Dallas (but with all the shopping centers now, there is not that big of a crowd downtown.

        Hope this helps.  Let me know if I can "try" to answer some questions.

        HAVE A GOOD EVENING.

        SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY

        I don't have a lot of extra time, but I might could help answer some questions you have in locating your information.  Ennis is VERY CZECH and who knows some of the reglaties may have settled in this area.  Let me hear from you.

        (mt grandparents eventually settled in Ennis, Texas, which is about 40 miles South of Dallas on Interstate 45.  My Dad came as a tottler, while my mother was born in Ennis.