CHRISEMAN CHAPEL CEMETERY

  • francesmduncan
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
      The annual cleanup day at the Chriseman Chapel Cemetery near Deanville,
      TX in Burleson County was held earlier this month, with the largest
      turnout in recent years. Everyone meets there early in the morning and
      then enjoys a picnic lunch. Over the years, it has been gone from an
      overgrown neglected cemetery to a lovingly tended place for our
      ancestors. Just wanted to let the group know what the labor of love
      can do for a place.
      Frances
    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
        Frances, I appreciate the work everyone did.  Last October Cousin Pat and I went there because our Cousin Peter and Paul Supak is buried.  Cousin Peter Supak and his wife Rosie Stritecky are buried in unmarked graves.  Cousin Paul is buried and have a picture of his headstone.  I also took a picture of the railroad trellis which is unique.
        paulasmaggie

      • frances.duncan@att.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2009
          The annual cleanup for the Chriseman Chapel Cemetery in Burleson County, TX was on October 17. There are a lot of dead trees on the property. Many were taken down that day, but many remain. We had a good day and are so proud of the place. It is no longer filled with brush and brambles the way it was for so many years.
          Frances Duncan
        • Paula Foster
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2009
            To appreciate the work of this committee you would have had to have seen Chriseman Chapel Cemetery 20 years ago.  Lets just say when I was there it was so spooky that a couple of cows mooed, I jumped in my car and took off.  In the process leaving scratch marks.  Yes, I have an active imagination, but when you are crawling over dead trees, through overgrown bush, and seeing graves that have sunken in plus a cemetery that is shadowry in middle of sunny day that is all it took for my mind to start.  When I went back a couple of years ago looking for my Supaks/Shupaks it was a complete change.  This is the picture I took in 2007.  It is now a quaint well kept Cemetery.  Frances, Thank You for all the work yall did.  paulasmaggie

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
              You could not have described the previous condition better!!
              FDuncan

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

              > To appreciate the work of this committee you would have had to have seen Chriseman Chapel Cemetery 20 years ago.  Lets just say when I was there it was so spooky that a couple of cows mooed, I jumped in my car and took off.  In the process leaving scratch marks.  Yes, I have an active imagination, but when you are crawling over dead trees, through overgrown bush, and seeing graves that have sunken in plus a cemetery that is shadowry in middle of sunny day that is all it took for my mind to start.  When I went back a couple of years ago looking for my Supaks/Shupaks it was a complete change.  This is the picture I took in 2007.  It is now a quaint well kept Cemetery.  Frances, Thank You for all the work yall did.  paulasmaggie

            • Paula Foster
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 31, 2009
                Frances, Feel Free to use that picture anytime yall need.  paulasmaggie

                You could not have described the previous condition better!!
                FDuncan

                --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, Paula Foster <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

                > To appreciate the work of this committee you would have had to have seen Chriseman Chapel Cemetery 20 years ago.  Lets just say when I was there it was so spooky that a couple of cows mooed, I jumped in my car and took off.  In the process leaving scratch marks.  Yes, I have an active imagination, but when you are crawling over dead trees, through overgrown bush, and seeing graves that have sunken in plus a cemetery that is shadowry in middle of sunny day that is all it took for my mind to start.  When I went back a couple of years ago looking for my Supaks/Shupaks it was a complete change.  This is the picture I took in 2007.  It is now a quaint well kept Cemetery.  Frances, Thank You for all the work yall did.  paulasmaggie

              • Buster Mitchell
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                  I'm sorry Paula (can't resist the temptation) but, was the 'scratch marks' in the gravel or in your drawers!?!?!?!  hee hee hee

                  Buster

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2009
                    Just on the door and no "wet pants", but I did have to pull off to the side just to get my bearings and my imagination under control.  I swear I heard a farmer laughing.  paulasmaggie