Names

  • J.D.K. Chipps
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2001
      What would the masculine of "JURINKOVA" and "KUCEROVA" be?

      --
      BLAZEK,HROMADOVA,JURINKOVA,KAMENCAK,KOTRLA(KOTROLA),
      KUCEROVA,MACHALEC,MANIAC,PONCIK,SLAVIK,VITEK
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2001
        Joe Don:

        Jurin and Kucera would be the masculine version.

        Richard Jerome Kotrla II
        Moderator

        Researching: Kotrla, Kotrola, Kristof, Kristoff, Christoff, Kubena,
        Kubeyana, Repka, Balcar, Dusek, Marek, Hunka, Motl, Jezek, Slovacek,
        Jurin, Poncik, Klucasek, Mahac, Martinets, Martinek, Lichnovsky,
        Schiller, Friemel, Minter, Atkinson, Melnar, Machalek, Srubar,
        Woytipka, Surovik, Eubanks, Groce, Blaha.

        --- In texasczechs@egroups.com, "J.D.K. Chipps" <jdkc@w...> wrote:
        > What would the masculine of "JURINKOVA" and "KUCEROVA" be?
        >

        > --
        > BLAZEK,HROMADOVA,JURINKOVA,KAMENCAK,KOTRLA(KOTROLA),
        > KUCEROVA,MACHALEC,MANIAC,PONCIK,SLAVIK,VITEK
        > -Vsichni jsme Spojeni
      • Janet Tucker
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
          Oh, it's too early for me to think and be writing letters but here I am.
          I just posted that previous e-mail and it made me wonder what nationality
          Pausewong and the other one was ......So, then I wondered if there is a list
          of Czech surnames and there meanings anywhere? I have been researching
          Malinak and heard that it meant "of the red" but I don't know if that is
          true of not.
          Thanks for any help.
          Jan
        • Ray J. Bacak
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2002
            Janet, if you hear of such a list, let me know. I post current obituaries
            from time to time and often wonder whether some of the names are really
            Czech. Always wondered whether there was a meaning for my last name (Bacak)
            and found out through this group that it was derived from "Baca", who was
            the head shepherd of the Valachian sheep and goat herders. After then
            wondering how Czech I really was, finding out that, like many of us, we
            probably are more Moravian than Bohemian and then that even our Moravian
            heritage/country/part of Czech Republic got pretty much stifled and
            assimilated into the rest of the Czech Republic. Still proud to be Czech,
            though.

            Ray Bacak
            Plain Citizen of Corn Cob Hill, TX (not really a city, used to be a store
            and pool hall/beer joint north of Moulton,TX)
            Probable descendant of Valachian Goat Herders (dare I say gypsies? :>D )