Re:Pulling corn

  • charles kretzschmar
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
      i remember the clutch on a 1950 ford
      car.  the clutch had to go in first before
      the brake like your tractor.  well, i was 16 years old and
      went to get my learner's permit.  i kept
      my left foot on the clutch and my right
      foot on the brake.  then the poor officer
      at the license office, said, to dim my lights.
      i took my foot off the clutch and hit the
      dimmer floor buttom next to it.  the car
      jumped forward and almost hit the officer.
      he jumped back on the curb in time.  at that point,
      i figured i flunked my driving test.  if the poor
      officer is still alive, i apologize, i really felt bad.
      i guess he never asked that part again without
      being on the curb.  i am glad the clutch and
      standard shift cars are history.  he did give me
      my learner's permit.  angelina genzer kretzschmar