Re: [TexasCzechs] Mississippi & Arkansas

  • gpatrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
      Thanks for the reply. I have some holes in my mom's tree that I'm trying
      to fill. Because of the marriage of John Ronimus Eager to Mary Ann Thomas
      there are several families I have done some research on, including, Graham,
      Terral (Terrell), Thomas, Mabry, Underwood, for example. So, let me look
      through the sites you recommended and I'll get back to you. By the Way,
      you wouldn't be the Rice family kin to the Hieronymus family of
      Shepherdstown, West Va.?

      George
      From: gpatrick <GPATRICK@...>
      Subject: Re: [TexasCzechs]Octfest
      To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 4:20 PM

      Hi TJ,
      Thanks for the reply.Joyce' s daughter lives in Hot Springs and I have a
      cousin in Pine Bluff. We plan to go up that way when the weather cools off a
      bit.

      I have another question for you, please. You sound so familiar with Pine
      Bluff area I wonder if you could help me place some areas in my mind. My
      Eager (non-Czech) ancestor, John r. Eager was born in Jefferson Co., W. Va
      in 1817 and by 1840 or so he was in PauldingTP, Jasper Co., Ms, where he
      married Mary Ann Thomas. By the 1850 Arkansas census they were in Clear
      Creek TP, Drew co., Ar. By 1884, they were in Navarro county, Tx.

      Are you familiar with the Drew county area? And, have you been down to the
      Jasper County, Ms. area? How far apart are these two areas? In the early
      days was there a trail or waterway that would have connected Pine Bluff with
      the Jasper , Ms. area? The 1850 census shows a 2 year old John, who is John
      Thomas Eager, my great grandfather. He married Amanda Jane Patton from
      Dorsey Co., Ar. She was the daughter of Benjamin Franklin Patton and Frances
      evelyn Galloway, also of that area.

      I know a lot about the family once they arrived in Drew County, Ar and also
      when John R. Eager lived in W. Va and Ohio but the middle time between the
      two is a mystery . I am just trying to find something in that time and place
      which would link them together. Thanks for any help or information.

      George

      8:18 AM