Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Cotton & Corn Picking

  • pfoster
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      When Rita hit 3 years ago, I refused to evacuate until my son threaten to "hog-tie".  It was a Cat 4 and coming at us.  My husband knew what few items my Grandparents left me were going along with all my photos of the kids.  We had 2 cars full and a truck.  In the truck was my GrGr Grandmothers box rocker from the Old Country.  To say the least when we "high tailed" it out of Beaumont the Beverly Hillbillies had nothing on us.  If you can picture following a truck and 2 cars loaded down going all through the backroads of East Texas for 6 hours.  Oh, did I mention a big trunk full of my Grandparents Reader Digest books.  Now, my son's main possession was a case of beer and his computer, but let me tell you he guarded that rocker it never left his sight until we got to his grandparents in Athens.  paulasmaggie