RE: [TexasCzechs] Rock House Community

  • tjs
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008

      Linda,

       The Rockhouse  Community is located on Hwy 159, just on the Austin Co and Fayette county line.  The Map shows a cemetery nearby called

      Schmidt Cem. about two plus miles NE on CR 245.

      It seems the UT Map sited does not list the country roads.

      What you need to get is a map book call “The Roads of Texas” put out by MAPCO.  I have two of the two original publications by Shearer Publishing before being purchased by MAPCO.  I have been told it does not have some of the details the second version had. It list locations of most of the cemeteries.

      http://txdot.lib.utexas.edu/txdot-show.html?resolution=50&newWxH=800x600&image=tcaust01.sid&TLx=394&TLy=266&px=621&py=394&pr=50&fw=7302&fh=5440&map.x=134&map.y=429

      Hope this will help.

      TJ Slansky

      Subject: [TexasCzechs] Rock House Community

      Can any one tell me if there is a cemetery where someone from the Rock House Community which is located between Industry and Fayetteville would be buried. __