Re: [TexasCzechs] Sophie raising birds

  • Mary Ann Wisian
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008

      Hey, Tony,

      Do you remember what kind of birds she raised?  Do you remember seeing them in her backyard?

      That aviary must've been about 10 ftDx 12 ft T x 20-25 ft W, don't you think?

      I know this was a long time ago.  She's not still alive is she?

      Also, I live in San Marcos, TX and Frances (Michna) Deiterich (my cousin - Alvin's daughter) lives in Wharton, TX where I was born and lived the first 13 years of my life till my parents divorced.  Justine's my cousin also (she lives in Clute)

      I guess our Dad's were first cousins, then.  What was your Daddy's name?
      That's okay on the recipe, just send it when you can.  I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.
      Mary Ann (Mazranka)

      From: Mary Ann Wisian <maryannwisian@ yahoo.com>
      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 12:15 AM

      My Grandpa's name was Joe Michna and my dad's name was Anton but everybody called him Tony.  I remember going to Yoakum as a kid.  We used to visit this lady my dad called "Aunt Pauline" I believe.  She lived in a big Victorian style house and she had this big aviary in her backyard.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        Hi Mary Ann
        Yes i remember her and the birds  in the backyard
        No i was there when her Mom got sick Sophie died to year later ?
        Alive Michnal came to our dance i thinks it was at KC Hall in Wharton
        I know Justin's She married LV  Keptra  and they still live in Clute,Tex
        it Think we are Cousin ,i have The Tony Janaks Polka Band
        LV & Justin's had 50 Year wedding Annivernary in Clute
        we did not play  Bobby Jones Band  my old buddy
        we play a lot Battle Dance church picnic &  at Hall Bobby Jones                                                                           was at tha Annivemary also
        Do you know if they found Bobby? the was from Wharton also
        Tony Janak