Re: [TexasCzechs] Can Anyone Identify this Object??

  • e kocurek
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
      I have been told that these kitchen devices had two purposed.  One was to be used in baking and the other was to make men think, after they had been hit over the head with one.
          Ed

      Ron Walcik <ron@...> wrote:
      At 11:20 AM -0500 8/3/08, KUNETKA,WILLIAM wrote:

      > I found this gadget in some items that were from my grandmother' s,
      > Cecelia Orsak Dressler, belongings from years ago. It is about 23
      > in overall, with 10 divisions, and about 2 1/2 in indiameter. It
      > is divided into quarters. It may have been used for pastry
      > makings??

      My wife took one look at it and said "ravioli rolling pin". She even
      found this page
      <http://www.bakedeco .com/detail. asp?id=4391& trng=fgle> that shows
      one. Now the question is what would a nice little old Czech lady be
      doing with one. ;-)

      --
      Ron Walcik
      Killeen, Texas

      Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
      That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have
      their shoes.

      Support anti-Spam legislation.
      Join the fight <http://www.cauce. org/>

    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
        They also pass down iron skillets.  My Grandmamma gave me one when I was married, just like her Mom gave her one.  paulasmaggie

        Ron Walcik <ron@...> wrote:

        At 11:20 AM -0500 8/3/08, KUNETKA,WILLIAM wrote:

        > I found this gadget in some items that were from my grandmother' s,
        > Cecelia Orsak Dressler, belongings from years ago. It is about 23
        > in overall, with 10 divisions, and about 2 1/2 in indiameter. It
        > is divided into quarters. It may have been used for pastry
        > makings??

        My wife took one look at it and said "ravioli rolling pin". She even
        found this page
        <http://www.bakedeco .com/detail. asp?id=4391& trng=fgle> that shows
        one. Now the question is what would a nice little old Czech lady be
        doing with one. ;-)

        --
        Ron Walcik
        Killeen, Texas

        Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
        That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have
        their shoes.

        Support anti-Spam legislation.
        Join the fight <http://www.cauce. org/>

        Checked by AVG.
      • MADELYN DUSEK
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
          It might be used to make ravioli.
          Madelyn
          I found this gadget in some items that were from my grandmother' s, Cecelia Orsak Dressler, belongings from years ago.  It is about 23 in overall, with 10 divisions, and about 2 1/2 in indiameter.  It is divided into quarters.  It may have been used for pastry makings??

        • Lois Petter Pereira
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
            my husband and i figure some kind of square pasta maker. Maybe for polish pierogi? I even went to antique kitchen sites but nothing close. Watch it be some torture device..  lois

            MADELYN DUSEK <mdusek@...> wrote:
            It might be used to make ravioli.
            Madelyn
            I found this gadget in some items that were from my grandmother' s, Cecelia Orsak Dressler, belongings from years ago.  It is about 23 in overall, with 10 divisions, and about 2 1/2 in indiameter.  It is divided into quarters.  It may have been used for pastry makings??

            Lois Petter Pereira