Re: CALLING ALL TX CZECHS - ride from Houston

  • Pavel Nepustil
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2008
      Hi!

      I would really like to come to the Westfest Polka festival on Labor
      Day Weekend but since I am in Houston only for couple of months as a
      Fulbright scholar from Brno, Czech Republic, I do not have a car here:
      so I just want to ask you:
      - is anybody of you going from Houston there who could give me a ride?
      After the festival, I would like to visit my friend in San Antonio so
      I need just the one way to West (and then I hope I would find someone
      from San Antonio:)

      Thanks for your response,

      best regards

      Pavel

      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Mary Ann Wisian
      <maryannwisian@...> wrote:

      > Hey All You TX Czechs - HEADS UP,
      > I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but in August (last
      weekend - Labor Day weekend) there is a Westfest Polka Festival going
      on in West, TX (just outside of Waco). It's like a Wurstfest only
      Czech style. There will be plenty of kolaches, pivo, sausage, arts n'
      crafts booths and good ol' polka bands playing. My family's going
      for the weekend. It's a whole lotta fun!