obit: Ronnie Klam

  • Rosemary Ermis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2008
      from Fayette County Record July 1, 2008

      Ronnie Klam passed away at his home in Dubina on June 11 [2008].

      He was born to Genevieve "Toots" and Sylvin Klam on November 24, 1947, attended St. Michael's School and graduated from Weimar High School in 1967.  He was drafted in 1968 by the US Army and served from 1969-70 in Vietnam.

      On September 4, 1976, he married Debbie Rehak and they made their home in Dubina where he was a member of Sts. Cyril and Methodius Church and the Dubina Community.  Dubina is where they raised their three sons - Jason, Jeremy, and Josh and where he also shared much of himself with his daughter-in-law Carolynn and his granddaughters Madison and Caitlyn, who knew him as "Papa Ronnie."

      On Friday Evening June 13, [2008] at St. Michael's Church in Weimar, the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 870 of Schulenburg paid their respects to one of their fellow comrades.  Following the ceremony, the Divine Mercy Chaplet was sung and a memorial service was held by Rev. John Bily.  Fellowship along with praise and worship continued as many came to pay their respects to a good friend and relative.

      The celebration of Ronnie's life continued on Saturday, June 14 [2008] in Dubina with a mass officiated by Rev. John Bily and Fr. Norman Ermis of San Antonio, a life-long Friend and former Weimar resident.

      The VVA Chapter 870 along with family members and friends assisted in the celebration in the form of song, scriptural readings, gift bearing and music.  The eulogy was given by his oldest son Jason.

      Serving as pallbearers were Edward J. Filip, Bennett Krhovjak, James Mazoch, Leroy Pavlik; Leroy Rehak, Jr., and Ke Syrinek.  Honorary pallbearers were Robert Kristynik, Bill Michalke, Paul Pavlicek and Thomas Rainosek.

      Survivors include his wife Debbie of 31 years, son Jason and wife Carolyn, granddaughters Madison and Caitlyn of Dubina, son Jeremy of Katy and son Josh of New York, mother "Toots" Klam and brother Mike of Weimar, mother-in-law Georgia Rehak of Schulenburg, brother-in-law Leroy Rehak, Jr. and wife Brenda of Schulenburg; sister-in-law Cindy Srubar and husband Ernest of Schulenburg, Kathy Rehak and Jimmie Belicak of Hallettsville, nieces and nephews, Jordan, Kennedy and Jakob Rehak, Sarah, Christopher and Emily Kubala, Taylor and Mackenzie Srubar, numerous cousins, friends and co-workers.

      Ronnie will always be remembered as a quiet but gentle and friendly man who had great common sense and could be considered a bit "old fashioned."  He always put others before himself and because he was an incredible dancer, gardener, cook and baker -- many were recipients of his talents.

      Though Ronnie will be missed by family and friends, we can find peace and comfort in knowing that he is rest in God's arms.  Let us reflect on Psalm 25:vs. 17 & 19 - "Relieve the troubles of my heart; bring me out of my distress.  Preserve my life and rescue me; do not let me be disgraced, for I trust in You."

      Submitted by Rosemary Ermis