Roll Call - Marek

  • Pat Hejl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2008
      Linda, I see where you are researching Mareks from Cermna. My gr-grandfather was Josef R. Marek, b. June 13, 1856, Cermna, house #421; gr-grandmother was Filomena (nee Marek), b. October 16, 1854, Cermna, house #244. They immigrated to Texas (via New York) in November 1882. Originally settled in Austin County and moved to Bell County about 1895.

      I have information as well as a large collection of pictures, many of them unidentified, that I would be happy to exchange with you. I keep hoping that someone "out there" has some of the same pictures that are possibly identified.

      You can contact me directly if you would like.

      Pat Hejl

    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2008
        Pat, Tomas Kutej/Katerina Nowak Hostalkova Moravia to Burleson with their children.  Their son John bn 1839 Hostalkova/wife Anna Jez son Tomas bn 1871 Viten Moravia d 4-15-1938 Forth Worth m 12-24-1892 Brenham Francizka (Francis) Marek bn 2-14-1871 Cermana Moravia d 11-22-1957 Fort Worth.  Her DC says widow, his DC says divorced.  The children lived in both Burleson County/Tarrant County.  The problem is I have yet to find a connection between this Marek and Cousin Bernards Mareks of Burleson County or my Thomas Kutej Family of Lee County.  My Kutej Family  that came from Mikulvce Moravia were also Tom Holan bn 1836 and Anna Holan bn 1842  who also had a son named Thomas bn 1877 who never married.  The only child of my Kutej family to marry was Maria who married by GrGr Uncle Frank Kortis.
        My Kutej Family stayed in Lee County.  Do you have these Mareks or Kutej Families in your Tree?paulasmaggie
        Linda, I see where you are researching Mareks from Cermna. My gr-grandfather was Josef R. Marek, b. June 13, 1856, Cermna, house #421; gr-grandmother was Filomena (nee Marek), b. October 16, 1854, Cermna, house #244. They immigrated to Texas (via New York) in November 1882. Originally settled in Austin County and moved to Bell County about 1895.

        I have information as well as a large collection of pictures, many of them unidentified, that I would be happy to exchange with you. I keep hoping that someone "out there" has some of the same pictures that are possibly identified.

        You can contact me directly if you would like.

        Pat Hejl

        Checked by AVG.
      • Carolyn
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
          My husband is related to Franciska Marek in Burleson County who married Tom Kutej. Would like more information on this side of family. Her parents are Franz & Franciska Marek.
          Thanks
          Carolyn

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

          > Pat, Tomas Kutej/Katerina Nowak Hostalkova Moravia to Burleson with their children. Their son John bn 1839 Hostalkova/wife Anna Jez son Tomas bn 1871 Viten Moravia d 4-15-1938 Forth Worth m 12-24-1892 Brenham Francizka (Francis) Marek bn 2-14-1871 Cermana Moravia d 11-22-1957 Fort Worth. Her DC says widow, his DC says divorced. The children lived in both Burleson County/Tarrant County. The problem is I have yet to find a connection between this Marek and Cousin Bernards Mareks of Burleson County or my Thomas Kutej Family of Lee County. My Kutej Family that came from Mikulvce Moravia were also Tom Holan bn 1836 and Anna Holan bn 1842 who also had a son named Thomas bn 1877 who never married. The only child of my Kutej family to marry was Maria who married by GrGr Uncle Frank Kortis.
          > My Kutej Family stayed in Lee County. Do you have these Mareks or Kutej Families in your Tree?paulasmaggie

        • Elizabeth Martin
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
            Hi.
                 My aunt was married to a Marek.  Her name was Minnie (Vlha) Marek....she lived in Crosby, Texas.  Her husband was Charles Marek.  I don't know if he was from  Burleson CO.

            My husband is related to Franciska Marek in Burleson County who married Tom Kutej. Would like more information on this side of family. Her parents are Franz & Franciska Marek.
            Thanks
            Carolyn

            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

            > Pat, Tomas Kutej/Katerina Nowak Hostalkova Moravia to Burleson with their children. Their son John bn 1839 Hostalkova/wife Anna Jez son Tomas bn 1871 Viten Moravia d 4-15-1938 Forth Worth m 12-24-1892 Brenham Francizka (Francis) Marek bn 2-14-1871 Cermana Moravia d 11-22-1957 Fort Worth. Her DC says widow, his DC says divorced. The children lived in both Burleson County/Tarrant County. The problem is I have yet to find a connection between this Marek and Cousin Bernards Mareks of Burleson County or my Thomas Kutej Family of Lee County. My Kutej Family that came from Mikulvce Moravia were also Tom Holan bn 1836 and Anna Holan bn 1842 who also had a son named Thomas bn 1877 who never married. The only child of my Kutej family to marry was Maria who married by GrGr Uncle Frank Kortis.
            > My Kutej Family stayed in Lee County. Do you have these Mareks or Kutej Families in your Tree?paulasmaggie

          • Paula Foster
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
              Yes, Carolyn please send any Kutej Family History you have.  The Tom Kutej I have whose sister Maria married my gr Uncle George Kortis lived in Lee County in Hranice Settlement (Dime Box) was never married.  Please, email to me directly.  paulas maggie