Re: Filip & Vavras in Burleson Co

  • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
      Anita,

      I have that Henry and Mary married 1929 but I don't have full date.

      Transcription for Masonic has Henry's birth as 1905.

      Daughter Pam says birth is 7/5/1905.

      Social Security says birth is 7/9/1903. It is my understanding that
      some type of proof of birth date or statement is required for SS
      application.

      Texas Death Certificate has birth date of 7/9/1903. Daughter Pam was
      informant. The date of birth was typed. Someone changed the typed
      month to July. I can't determine what the original birth month is
      that was typed in and written over.

      Henry Frank Vavra b. 7/9/1903 d. 9/11/1966
      Mary Jane Filip b. 10/8/1904 d. 2/2/1990

      Check out the 1930 census. Henry and Mary are in the same house as
      the Joe P and M(H)attie (Milady) Vavra family in the 1930 census.
      This is Prec 2 Burleson Co. All of the birth dates for the Vavra
      siblings and Joe P are all wrong. Joe's birth date was so far off
      that I didn't realize Joe P and Joseph Patrick were the same person.

      Kathy