Question about the Phrase "preceded in death"

  • stephan_drost
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      Greetings from Germany,

      my english is only school english, and i have difficulties to
      understand the phrase "preceded in death".

      Every Dictionary tells me strange things ( for me ).

      Are these people, who listed after that phrase also dead? Or are they
      going beside at the funeral to the grave?

      I hope someone can explain it to me, or is good in German and write it
      in german .

      Thank you

      greetings

      Stephan Drost