Re: [TexasCzechs] Re: Filip & Vavras in Burleson Co

  • pfoster
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
      Burleson County Cemetery Book there is a Mary Vavra bn October 8, 1904 d February 2 1990 buried at the Masonic Cemetery in Caldwell.  Is this the Mary you are looking for?paulasmaggie
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
        Anita,

        This is a lot more confusing Vavra items. These are children of Henry
        Frank Vavra and Mary Jane Filip:

        Daughter born Henry Etta according to Texas Birth Index is listed as
        Pamela H in obit and SSDI. Her cousin referred to her as Pam.

        Daughter, Frankie Lee has Joe Vavra as her father in Texas Birth
        Index. Listed as Frankie Mae in cousin's note.

        Son in Texas Birth Index Henry Frank. Henry Frank is Jerry in
        marriage record, birth record for his daughter, his sister's obit,
        cousin's note and current records.

        According to Texas Birth Index there's a daughter Annie Mary. I can't
        find anything other than the birth info. I could not locate a death
        record even using her date of birth. She is not in her sister's obit.
        Cousin's note does not refer to an Annie Mary.

        In her sister's obit there is a Josephine. I found a current public
        record under Josephine's married name and didn't find a birth record.

        I have a contact, Rosette, that called Pam several years ago and
        discussed her family. My contact wrote it all out and mailed it to me.

        Rosette said:

        Pam did not know correct birth date for her father Henry Frank Vavra
        or when he died.

        Pam did not mention a sister Annie Mary Vavra. For the 7 she listed
        spouses, some occupations and some locations.

        The siblings listed 1-7:

        Josephine Hill
        Henryetta (Pam) Kyburz
        Frankie Mae Richardson
        Marie Brister
        Jimmy (James)
        Jerry
        Henry, Jr

        I have all of this typed out and sourced for this family if you want
        me to email it to you.

        Having the hand written note really helped figure out who was who.
        Josephine can't really be Annie Mary because Annie was born 12/21/1930
        and Public Records had Josephine born about 9/1945.

        Kathy
      • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
          Anita,

          I have that Henry and Mary married 1929 but I don't have full date.

          Transcription for Masonic has Henry's birth as 1905.

          Daughter Pam says birth is 7/5/1905.

          Social Security says birth is 7/9/1903. It is my understanding that
          some type of proof of birth date or statement is required for SS
          application.

          Texas Death Certificate has birth date of 7/9/1903. Daughter Pam was
          informant. The date of birth was typed. Someone changed the typed
          month to July. I can't determine what the original birth month is
          that was typed in and written over.

          Henry Frank Vavra b. 7/9/1903 d. 9/11/1966
          Mary Jane Filip b. 10/8/1904 d. 2/2/1990

          Check out the 1930 census. Henry and Mary are in the same house as
          the Joe P and M(H)attie (Milady) Vavra family in the 1930 census.
          This is Prec 2 Burleson Co. All of the birth dates for the Vavra
          siblings and Joe P are all wrong. Joe's birth date was so far off
          that I didn't realize Joe P and Joseph Patrick were the same person.

          Kathy