Re: Filip & Vavras in Burleson Co

  • chefanita@classicnet.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008

      Kathy,

      I feel your pain.  It can get VERY CONFUSING when you're researching those dadgum Vavras, but don't give up.  Here's an example:

      Two of my Vavra great aunts (Annie and Milady) married 2 Vavra brohers (Robert and Joe), and no, they were not related.  There are 2 sets of Vavras in Burleson county.

      As a sidebar into how twisted it gets, my husband's previous wife was a Vavra (and I went to high school with her) and those Vavra brothers were her uncles!  Yikes!  Alben and I also thought we had a common Gaas cousin, which would have made us 3rd or 4th cousins somewhere down the line, but we debunked that one - thank goodness! :0

      Obviously I found my spreadsheet and I have Henry F. Vavra married to a Mary Filip, but no marriage date.  Henry was born in 1905 and died in 1966. I vaguely remember that.  I have Mary listed as born in 1904 and died in 1990.  Henry is buried at the Masonic Cemetary in town, as is his younger brother Ed, who never married.  I'm not sure where Mary is buried.  I see some errors on my spreadsheet, so I need to go get my old pc out of the garage and see if I can get it running again so I can pull the old info off the hard drive.  If I can, I'll email you a copy.

      Katerina and Joe P. must be from the other Vavra family because I have no info on them and when I asked my Dad about the other Vavras I found like Katerina and Johanna, he said they weren't in our family.  So maybe you've got your Vavras crossed?  It's so easy to do because there's so many of them.  Every cemetary I visit I find at least one.

      Anita Prazak
      Pampered Chef Consultant
      979/200-9105
      chefanita@...
      www.pamperedchef.biz/chefanita1
      Orders can be placed on my website 24 hours a day - 7 days a week! Perfect for yourself or that last minute gift! You'll also find recipes and specials so be sure to add my website to your list of favorites and check back often!

      Take 10 Minutes to Check Us Out!

      Call our OPPORTUNITY LINE & listen to a recorded message about The Pampered Chef and the possibilities that await you.

      Call (866) 837-8032, then enter code 1095577

    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
        Burleson County Cemetery Book there is a Mary Vavra bn October 8, 1904 d February 2 1990 buried at the Masonic Cemetery in Caldwell.  Is this the Mary you are looking for?paulasmaggie

        chefanita@classicne t.net
        www.pamperedchef. biz/chefanita1
        Orders can be placed on my website 24 hours a day - 7 days a week! Perfect for yourself or that last minute gift! You'll also find recipes and specials so be sure to add my website to your list of favorites and check back often!

        Take 10 Minutes to Check Us Out!

        Call our OPPORTUNITY LINE listen to a recorded message about The Pampered Chef and the possibilities that await you.

        Call (866) 837-8032, then enter code 1095577

        Checked by AVG.
      • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
          Anita,

          This is a lot more confusing Vavra items. These are children of Henry
          Frank Vavra and Mary Jane Filip:

          Daughter born Henry Etta according to Texas Birth Index is listed as
          Pamela H in obit and SSDI. Her cousin referred to her as Pam.

          Daughter, Frankie Lee has Joe Vavra as her father in Texas Birth
          Index. Listed as Frankie Mae in cousin's note.

          Son in Texas Birth Index Henry Frank. Henry Frank is Jerry in
          marriage record, birth record for his daughter, his sister's obit,
          cousin's note and current records.

          According to Texas Birth Index there's a daughter Annie Mary. I can't
          find anything other than the birth info. I could not locate a death
          record even using her date of birth. She is not in her sister's obit.
          Cousin's note does not refer to an Annie Mary.

          In her sister's obit there is a Josephine. I found a current public
          record under Josephine's married name and didn't find a birth record.

          I have a contact, Rosette, that called Pam several years ago and
          discussed her family. My contact wrote it all out and mailed it to me.

          Rosette said:

          Pam did not know correct birth date for her father Henry Frank Vavra
          or when he died.

          Pam did not mention a sister Annie Mary Vavra. For the 7 she listed
          spouses, some occupations and some locations.

          The siblings listed 1-7:

          Josephine Hill
          Henryetta (Pam) Kyburz
          Frankie Mae Richardson
          Marie Brister
          Jimmy (James)
          Jerry
          Henry, Jr

          I have all of this typed out and sourced for this family if you want
          me to email it to you.

          Having the hand written note really helped figure out who was who.
          Josephine can't really be Annie Mary because Annie was born 12/21/1930
          and Public Records had Josephine born about 9/1945.

          Kathy
        • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
            Anita,

            I have that Henry and Mary married 1929 but I don't have full date.

            Transcription for Masonic has Henry's birth as 1905.

            Daughter Pam says birth is 7/5/1905.

            Social Security says birth is 7/9/1903. It is my understanding that
            some type of proof of birth date or statement is required for SS
            application.

            Texas Death Certificate has birth date of 7/9/1903. Daughter Pam was
            informant. The date of birth was typed. Someone changed the typed
            month to July. I can't determine what the original birth month is
            that was typed in and written over.

            Henry Frank Vavra b. 7/9/1903 d. 9/11/1966
            Mary Jane Filip b. 10/8/1904 d. 2/2/1990

            Check out the 1930 census. Henry and Mary are in the same house as
            the Joe P and M(H)attie (Milady) Vavra family in the 1930 census.
            This is Prec 2 Burleson Co. All of the birth dates for the Vavra
            siblings and Joe P are all wrong. Joe's birth date was so far off
            that I didn't realize Joe P and Joseph Patrick were the same person.

            Kathy