Frank Vavra--Lookup in Frenstat Cemetery

  • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Frank Vavra, husband of Katerina Holubec.

      I found Frank's DC and date of death agrees however his son Robert is
      the informant. For Date of Birth the year 1861 is there and then it
      had don't know for month and day and that is scratched out and July
      4th is given as month and day of birth. Frank is buried at Frenstat.

      I there a Katerina Vavra 1973-1938 buried at Frenstat?

      Does Frank's entry in the book give date of birth as October 08, 1861
      or July 4, 1861? Is there a middle name or initial?

      Kathy
    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
        When Pat & I went through Frenstat Catholic & St. Marys Catholic (Caldwell) Cemeteries there were unmarked Vavra Graves.  According to Church Records they are there somewhere.  Vavra Frank no marker-Frenstat, Vavra Frank J 1-9-1882 d 2-7-1978dswife Johnna.  No Katrina in marked or unmarked Graves.paulasmaggie
        Frank Vavra, husband of Katerina Holubec.

        I found Frank's DC and date of death agrees however his son Robert is
        the informant. For Date of Birth the year 1861 is there and then it
        had don't know for month and day and that is scratched out and July
        4th is given as month and day of birth. Frank is buried at Frenstat.

        I there a Katerina Vavra 1973-1938 buried at Frenstat?

        Does Frank's entry in the book give date of birth as October 08, 1861
        or July 4, 1861? Is there a middle name or initial?

        Kathy

        Checked by AVG.
      • Kathy (Dlabay) Makiewicz
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
          Paula,

          Thank you so much for the reply. For some reason I thought you have a
          book on Burleson County cemetery Transcriptions.

          Kathy

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@...> wrote:

          > When Pat & I went through Frenstat Catholic & St. Marys Catholic
          (Caldwell) Cemeteries there were unmarked Vavra Graves. According to
          Church Records they are there somewhere. Vavra Frank no
          marker-Frenstat, Vavra Frank J 1-9-1882 d 2-7-1978dswife Johnna. No
          Katrina in marked or unmarked Graves.paulasmaggie

          <SNIP>>
          > I there a Katerina Vavra 1973-1938 buried at Frenstat?
          >
          > Does Frank's entry in the book give date of birth as October 08,
          1861 or July 4, 1861? Is there a middle name or initial?

          > Kathy
        • Robert and Nancy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
            I just got started in genealogy earlier this year and actually my focus has been scanning and identifying old family photos for both mine and my husband's family.  It has been a HUGE project, but one that has been very interesting.  As I have been working and meeting with other family members to try to identify photos, I have been accumulating any genealogy records that anyone has to share.

            The family names in my tree are KRAUSKOPF, KNEBEL, MATULA, HOLUB, VALENTA, STAVINOHA, JANIK, HAJACEK.

            My husband's tree includes SCHMIDT (SCHMIED), SMYKAL, MOZISEK, RICHTER, VOGT.

            Nancy Krauskopf Schmidt

          • pfoster
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
              Kathy, I have the actual Cemetery Book.  For the Transcripts you would have to write the Frenstat Catholic Church and St. Marys Catholic Church for look-ups in their records.  paulasmaggie
              Thank you so much for the reply. For some reason I thought you have a
              book on Burleson County cemetery Transcriptions.

              Kathy

              --- In TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com, "pfoster" <pfosterbmt@ ...> wrote:

              > When Pat & I went through Frenstat Catholic & St. Marys Catholic
              (Caldwell) Cemeteries there were unmarked Vavra Graves. According to
              Church Records they are there somewhere. Vavra Frank no
              marker-Frenstat, Vavra Frank J 1-9-1882 d 2-7-1978dswife Johnna. No
              Katrina in marked or unmarked Graves.paulasmaggie

              Checked by AVG.
            • Randall Malcik
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008

                My name is Randall (Randy) Malcik.  I live in Olathe, KS (suburban Kansas City).  I grew up in Fort Worth, TX as well as my wife Janet Snapka Malcik.

                My parents were Alden T. Malcik of Rosebud, TX and mother Ola Dee (Surovik) Malcik of Rosebud.

                My famalies I am researching are:  Malcik, Surovik, Dokupil, Pomykal

                My wife's family is Snapka and Urbis (area of Penelope, TX)