Looking for Drozd in Hallettsville, TX

  • stephan_drost
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2008
      Greetings from Germany,

      i hope my english is good enough :)

      I found in the documents of my father a special document about our
      family. It was called "Ahnenpass". This document was needed in the 3rd
      Reich to show that no jewish people is in the family tree. In this
      document i read a name Augustin Drost, after some research i found
      out, that this Augustin Drost ( or Drozd ) had two daughters and two
      sons, and was emigrated to Texas, his sons also, only the daughters
      stay in their country.

      Augustin Drozd was born 29.11.1812 emigrated 1880
      married Rozalie Kabuda

      his two Sons:
      Jan ( John ) Drozd was born 09.04.1841 died 1924 ( one son / one daugter )
      Josef Drozd was born 30.01.1846 died 1924 ( childen unknown )

      his two Daugters:
      Veronika was Born 10.02.1844 ( no more informations )
      Johanna was born 10.03.1834 died 29.10.1858 ( one son .. My
      grand-grand-father )

      Now i get following informations about one tree of Augustin Drozd

      John Drozd and Agnes Konvicka had 2 children, John Drozd and Mary Drozd.
      John Drozd, Jr.
      Born: 28 October 1867
      Place: Moravia, Austria
      Immigrated: 1880
      Died: 13 February 1956
      Place: Hallettsville, TX
      Married: Clara Svrcek
      Date: 14 May 1889
      Place:

      Mary Drozd
      Born: 10 April 1877
      Place: Moravia, Austria
      Died: 1 September 1951
      Place:
      Married: Matthew Vivial

      John Drozd and Clara Svrcek had 13 children - 8 sons, 5 daughters. At
      the time of John Drozd's death, the newspaper obituary said that he
      had 43 grandchildren and 60 great grandchildren.
      John and Clara's Children were:

      1. John H., Born: 21 June 1889, Texas, Died: 23 August 1958, Richmond,
      TX, Buried: City Cemetery, Schulenburg, TX. Occupation: Farmer.
      Married: Sophie Cervenka, 25 November 1925, Ascension of Our Lord
      Catholic Church, Moravia, TX. Children: Unknown.

      2. Mary Ann, Born: 19 February 1891, Hallettsville, TX, Died: 21
      October 1962, Hallettsville, TX, Buried: Sacred Heart Catholic
      Cemetery, Hallettsville, TX. Married: Martin Valigura, 30 May 1944,
      Ascension of Our Lord Catholic Church, Moravia, TX. 5 Children:
      Lillian, Viola, George, Julia and Angela.

      3. Agnes, Born: 19 January 1893, Hallettsville, TX. Died: 24 March
      1943. Married: Joseph Trojcak, They had 3 children; Viola Erlene,
      Helen Bernadette, and Carrie Anna.

      4. Joseph John, Born: 14 February 1895, Hallettsville, TX; Died: 29
      April 1957, Hallettsville, TX. Buried: SPJST Cemetery, Moravia, Texas.
      Married: Elizabeth Koncaba, Hallettsville, TX. They had 4 children,
      Bernie Alfred, Helen Mary, George, Joseph, and Oscar John.

      5. Julius, Born: 19 December 1896, place unknown, Died: 7 July 1875,
      Hallettsville, TX. Married: Anna Holub, 19 October 1920, Moulton,
      TX. They had two daughters, Irene & Evelyn A.

      6. Frank, Born: 28 December 1899, Moravia, TX, Died: 28 May 1980,
      Arlington, TX. Married: Albina Hosek, They had 3 children: Bernice
      Helen, Leon Frank, Allan John. Occupation: Farmer

      7. Julie, Born: 20 April 1901; Died: 13 March 1992. Married:
      Alvin Barta, They had 3 children: Viola, Dorothy May and Alvin Joseph.

      8. Emil Edward, Born: 13 March 1903, Lavaca County, TX, Died: 10
      November 1955, Hallettsville, TX, Buried: St. Rose Catholic Cemetery,
      Schulenburg, TX. Married: Caroline "Carrie" Holub, 27 January 1925,
      St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Moulton, TX. They had 4 children:
      Geraldene Caroline, Vernon James, Gladys Ludmila and Ethel May Mary.

      9. Rudolph Joseph, Born: 28 May 1905, in Texas, Died: 5 December
      1965, Hallettsville, TX, Buried: Moravia Catholic Cemetery, Moravia,
      TX. Married: Sophie Cada, 17 June 1929, Ascension of Our Lord
      Catholic Church, Moravia, TX. Occupation: Merchant. They had two
      children: Marjorie and Eugene.

      10. Viola Frances (Wilhemina), Born: 5 May 1907, place unknown, Died:
      26 November 1971, Moulton, TX. Married: August Cervenka, 21 June
      1934, St. John's Catholic Church, St. John's, TX. They had 4
      children: Beatrice Martha, Edith Mary, Frances August, and Genigra
      (?) spelling not clear on name.

      11. Jerome Eugene, Born: 30 June 1910, Hallettsville, TX, Died: 8
      February 1988. Married: Unknown. They had 2 children: Billy R.
      and Daniel.

      12. Charles Joseph. Born: 18 July 1912, Hallettsville, TX; Died: 7
      January 1963, Hallettsville, TX, Buried: Sacred Heart Catholic
      Cemetery, Hallettsville, TX. Married: Adela Hanslik, 27 October
      1936, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Hallettsville, TX. Occupation:
      Service Station Operator. Children: Unknown.

      13. Ida, Born: Appx. 1916, Died: . Married: August Neubauer,
      20 June 1936. They had 4 children: William, Harvey, Herbert and Carol.

      Now the question, is here in this Group someone who know someone of
      this list ? Or is on of the person? Please write me.

      Thank you

      Greetings

      Stephan Drost
    • G Martisek
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2008
        Message
        The son Joseph John Drozd who married Elizabeth Koncaba is related to my husband.  His grandfather Henry Koncaba is a brother to Elizabeth Koncaba.  I can provide you some info if you would like.

        Gerri

        ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2008
          Which Drozd in Hallettesville/Yoakum is the doctor?
          JLP

          Date: 14 May 1889
          Place:

[...]

          Checked by AVG.
        • stephan_drost
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2008
            --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "G Martisek" <ggmartisek@...> wrote:

            Greetings Gerri

            If you know the family line to the present of Joseph John Drost,
            especially all with the surname Drozd , that were great.

            I got a familiy line from a czech professor that shows the line of the
            family Drozd from approx 1650 , and i hope that i get piece for piece
            completed.

            Greetings from Germany

            Stephan Drost