Re: [Norton AntiSpam] [TexasCzechs] i'm new

  • MADELYN DUSEK
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008
      Nancy,
      I too had a similar problem. Outside of El Campo, no one thought my last name, Rod, was Czech. I did not have any real information about my ggf who came over here from Bohemia, and I thought that my last name was possibly a shortened version of the real name.

      It wasn't until 1998, when we took our three teenage children to the Czech Republic for the "heritage tour" and a family reunion in Trojanovice, Moravia, that I discovered my last name listed in a phone book in Ceske Budejovice, south of Prague.  I took that book home with me as proof that my ancestors were really Czech. It was such a wonderful discovery.

      Madelyn

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2008

        Yeah, I wouldn't have thought Rod was Czech either... but it's cool you discovered your name in the Czech phone book.

        I visited New York City when I was a teenager, and it is the only place that I ever found my last name Mohel in a phone book.  And they were all first names of  Abraham, Moshe, Jacob, Eli, etc.  well, you get my drift?!! ;)

        Nancy

      • livanec@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2008
          Nancy. Do you know Daniel & Mildred Mohel that lives in Houston?

          Allen L.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 12:29 PM

            My goodness, I have not been on this website in a few years...

            and I jsut saw this question from "livanec" ...

            The answer is yes, I do know Daniel & Mildred Mohel

            from Houston Tx.

            Daniel Mohel is my first cousin, even though I am only 53 years old

            and he is in his late 70's .

            If you are still around, how do you know them?

            Peace, Nancy Mohel