Re:Orphan Trains to Texas

  • janapivec
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2 10:23 AM
      --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "paulasmaggie" <pfosterbmt@...>
      wrote:
      > Added note to Helen Hudec. Her adopted parents were John Hudec and
      > Agnes Muzny. This is part of Cousin Bernard Gaas Mareks and part of
      > my Muzny Family Trees. Helen was the youngest sister to Mary Hudec
      > Marek who married George Marek. This was Bernards Grandparents.
      > Helen is buried at Frenstat Catholic Cemetery. Her tombstone reads
      > bn May 11, 1906 d November 4, 1968 Helen Keifer Case. She died in
      > Harris County. paulasmaggie

      I have been puzzling over this message since you sent it, trying to
      find the Mary Hudec you mention. In the 1900 Census, I only find a Jim
      Hudec, in Colorado County. In the 1910 Census, I do see John and Agnes
      Hudec, with sons John, William, Emil and Henry, plus adopted daughter
      Helen. I thought it was nice that Agnes got a little girl in that
      houseful of boys. Similarly, in the 1920 Census, I find John, Agnes,
      Henry, Helen, Emil and john Jr, but no Mary.

      Can you enlighten me? Many thanks, jana
    • pfoster
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2 11:17 AM
        Jana, Her name was Helen.  I have the Ancestry PDF files.  If you like me to send them please email me at pfosterbmt@....  paulasmaggie
        > Added note to Helen Hudec. Her adopted parents were John Hudec and
        > Agnes Muzny. This is part of Cousin Bernard Gaas Mareks and part of
        > my Muzny Family Trees. Helen was the youngest sister to Mary Hudec
        > Marek who married George Marek. This was Bernards Grandparents.
        > Helen is buried at Frenstat Catholic Cemetery. Her tombstone reads
        > bn May 11, 1906 d November 4, 1968 Helen Keifer Case. She died in
        > Harris County. paulasmaggie

        I have been puzzling over this message since you sent it, trying to
        find the Mary Hudec you mention. In the 1900 Census, I only find a Jim
        Hudec, in Colorado County. In the 1910 Census, I do see John and Agnes
        Hudec, with sons John, William, Emil and Henry, plus adopted daughter
        Helen. I thought it was nice that Agnes got a little girl in that
        houseful of boys. Similarly, in the 1920 Census, I find John, Agnes,
        Henry, Helen, Emil and john Jr, but no Mary.

        Can you enlighten me? Many thanks, jana

        Checked by AVG.