Re: [TexasCzechs] Novy Hrozenkov

  • Pavel Nepustil
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Well, Libovice exist! you can find it on internet or here is the reference to a map which points to position of Libovice in Czech Republic: http://portal.gov.cz/wps/dokumenty/mapy/ORP/2124.gif. ANd here you can find photos of Libovice today: http://www.slany.net/fotogalery/alba/mesta/libovice/page0.htm
      Libovice (Lipkovia is most probably German name) are in the district of Kladno and that is the area where coal is exploited so it makes sense.
      It is interesting that your Gr Grandparents are from the opposite sides of Czech Republic. And they must have had very different accent!
      Thank you for the information about Lee County, I would love to visit such a place but I still do not know how much time I will have while I am here.

      Best regards, Pavel

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi, definitely, there are a lot of Gypsies - Romas nowadays. Kladno has one of the largest Roma population in Czech Republic. But I am not sure when did Gypsies came there, because historically, they were not much present in Bohemia until the beginning of 20th century.

        Thanks for the question about my family members, I will ask my parents if the know anybody. I will let you know,

        best regards

        Pavel

        Pavel, You have solved two mysteries now.  My Poppa spoke German also and his birth certificate was in German, but he would tell you he was from the Czechoslovakia.
        My Grandparents grew-up in Dime Box.  Now, I have one more question.  Around the Libovice were there many gypsies?  Thank Again this information made my day.paulasmaggie

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
              Hi, my colleague and friend wrote me that her relatives immigrated to Texas and should live somewhere near Dallas: their name is Kudlackovi, Ivan Kudlacek should work at some phone company... does anybody know them?

              Thanks, Pavel

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008

                It appears this is his business address.

                Ivan Kudlacek

                1218 Ramsey Ct
                Allen, TX 75002-5774

                phone number unavailable