Novy Hrozenkov

  • Pavel Nepustil
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

      Hi Paula!

      Novy Hrozenkov is beautiful village-town in mountain called Beskydy. I have actually never been there, I have just passed through Novy Hrozenkov when going for vacation. It is a region at Moravia called "Valassko" - they have quite special accent when speaking and are influenced by the mountain style fo life. In general, "Valasi" belong to the most friendly people in Czech Republic.

      Turnay Village - I really have not much idea where it could be. It reminds me of Turnov which is a town in Eastern Bohemia - but if your Gr Grandfather was a minor then I would suppose that he lived either in Northern Moravia or Northern Bohemia where the collieries are.

      I am sorry that I am not familiar with these two areas, but if you had some more concrete information, I could try to find something out.

      Best regards

      Pavel

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        Well, Libovice exist! you can find it on internet or here is the reference to a map which points to position of Libovice in Czech Republic: http://portal.gov.cz/wps/dokumenty/mapy/ORP/2124.gif. ANd here you can find photos of Libovice today: http://www.slany.net/fotogalery/alba/mesta/libovice/page0.htm
        Libovice (Lipkovia is most probably German name) are in the district of Kladno and that is the area where coal is exploited so it makes sense.
        It is interesting that your Gr Grandparents are from the opposite sides of Czech Republic. And they must have had very different accent!
        Thank you for the information about Lee County, I would love to visit such a place but I still do not know how much time I will have while I am here.

        Best regards, Pavel

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          Hi, definitely, there are a lot of Gypsies - Romas nowadays. Kladno has one of the largest Roma population in Czech Republic. But I am not sure when did Gypsies came there, because historically, they were not much present in Bohemia until the beginning of 20th century.

          Thanks for the question about my family members, I will ask my parents if the know anybody. I will let you know,

          best regards

          Pavel

          Pavel, You have solved two mysteries now.  My Poppa spoke German also and his birth certificate was in German, but he would tell you he was from the Czechoslovakia.
          My Grandparents grew-up in Dime Box.  Now, I have one more question.  Around the Libovice were there many gypsies?  Thank Again this information made my day.paulasmaggie

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008
                  Hi, my colleague and friend wrote me that her relatives immigrated to Texas and should live somewhere near Dallas: their name is Kudlackovi, Ivan Kudlacek should work at some phone company... does anybody know them?

                  Thanks, Pavel

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 9, 2008

                    It appears this is his business address.

                    Ivan Kudlacek

                    1218 Ramsey Ct
                    Allen, TX 75002-5774

                    phone number unavailable