Re: [TexasCzechs] Lester Krizak 1918-2008

  • darlenbaker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2008
      Joyce,

      That was a different spelling.  But who really knows?

      darlene baker

    • Laura Petter Pilgrim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
        Darlene, Eric, and Joyce,

        Some of you have been discussing Lester Krizak.
        FYI, Here are a couple of related obituaries:
        (from http://www.txgenweb6.org/txcolorado/obits/obitsk2.htm)
        (there is a photo of Albina at the above page also)
        Krizak, Albina (Muhlstein)

        Albina Krizak Funeral Service Held July 9

        Albina Muhlstein Krizak, 91, of Weimar, passed away on July 6.

        Funeral services were held July 9 at the Weimar United Church of
        Christ with Rev. Jerry Carpenter officiating.

        Interment followed at the Weimar Masonic Cemetery.

        Albina Muhlstein Krizak was born to John and Frances Smolik Muhlstein
        on Aug. 9, 1915, in the Hackberry Community of Lavaca County.

        She attended school in the Hackberry schools.
        Albina married Henry Krizak of Oakland on Nov. 18, 1935.

        Albina was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother. She spent her life
        caring for her home, garden, and flowers.

        Her "green thumb" was well known and her yard showed it.

        She loved working outdoors and considered caring for her dogs a joy.

        She was a hardworking woman whose tasks ranged from picking cotton and
        pecans to working in the hydroponic greenhouses in Weimar.

        She was a country girl at heart. She enjoyed making kolaches and
        homemade egg noodles that could often be found everywhere in the house.

        Albina joined the Weimar United Church of Christ after her marriage to
        Henry.

        Her neighbors and friends, Doris Beken, Rosie Shumbera, and Maxine
        Janak afforded her transportation to Weimar UCC services and meetings
        of the Dorcas Circle.

        She enjoyed being involved in the activities of the church.

        She loved passing time with visits on the telephone with her friends.

        Albina is survived by her sons, Louis and wife Karen Krizak of Austin,
        and Kenneth and Julia Krizak of Weimar; grandchildren, Gaylon and wife
        Jeanette Krizak, Stephanie and husband Derrek White, and Nicole and
        husband Alex Bozek; great-grandchildren, Colleen Krizak, Erin Krizak,
        and William Krizak White; sister, Frances Melnar sisters-in-law, Lou
        Muhlstein and Viola Melnar; brother-in-law, Lester Krizak; and nieces,
        nephews, and many friends.

        She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, one sister, and
        three brothers.

        Serving as pallbearers were Bobby Berger, Darrin Holub, Kelly Janak
        Mack Janak, Alan Koehn and Les Simmons.

        Weimar Mercury, July 19, 2007, page 2A

        Krizak, Joseph F.
        Long Time Resident Is Claimed by Death

        The Mercury of last issue briefly mentioned the death of Mr. Joe F.
        Krizak, whose death occurred in a Halletsville hospital Wednesday
        night of last week, following a severe operation a few days previous.
        The funeral took place at the Odd Fellows' Cemetery in this city on
        Friday afternoon, and was attended by a large crowd of mourning
        relatives and friends.

        Mr. Krizak was born Dec. 15, 1873, in Ratimor, Austria. He left his
        home in Rakovic, Austria, at an early age to emigrate to this country.
        He sailed from Bremen, Germany, on the first day of October 1881, and
        arrived in Galveston on the 29th day of October, same year. He came
        over on the ship, "Hohenzollern". He first made his home in the Holman
        section north of Weimar, then moved to Weimar, where he engaged in the
        gin business, and for a time was in partnership with John Janak, Sr.,
        under the firm of Janak & Krizak. Afterward he engaged in farming and
        some years ago bought a large, fine farm in the Oakland section, where
        he and his family resided up to the time of his death.

        He was married to Miss Albina [Alvina] Barton on the 18th day of
        March, 1902. Twelve children were born to this union. He leaves to
        mourn his departure, besides his widow, the following children: Melvin
        Krizak of Baytown, Willie Krizak, Mrs. Edna Fojt, Mrs. Bessie Dusek,
        Henry Krizak, Emil Krizak, Miss Loretta Krizak, Mrs. Hettie Schlebach,
        Mrs. Milady Leppin, Lester Krizak, Miss Viola Krizak and Miss Margaret
        Krizak. Also twelve grandchildren. He was 62 years, 10 months and 27
        days old at time of death.

        Joe Krizak was well and favorably known throughout this section, where
        he had spent the best years of his life. He was a hard working man, an
        upright, good citizen, a devoted husband and father, highly regarded
        by neighbors and friends and his passing is noted with sincere regret
        by all.

        Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his bereaved ones.

        Weimar Mercury, November 20, 1936, page 1

        BTW, Cousin Eric-in-the-Woodlands, did you catch the obit that Ray
        Bacak posted last week for your great aunt, (my aunt) Evelyn Petter
        krolczyk?

        Lolly Petter Pilgrim
      • Sara Ann Barton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 26, 2008

          Darlene, When was Cousin Lester moved from the Nursing home in Hallettssville to Temple?Sara

          -- darlenbaker@... wrote:

          Lester Krizak, my great uncle, passed away May 29, 2008 in Temple, TX.
          Lester was my grandmother Viola's, brother. His parents were Josef and Alvina Barton Krizak. He married Ida Rhodes.  He had 2 daughters, Jane Loretta and Mary Ann.

          If I get a whole obit I will post.

          darlene baker

          Click for your daily horoscope, learn about money, love & family.

        • Nangotoo