RE: [TexasCzechs] Lester Krizak 1918-2008

  • Eric In The Woodlands
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2008

      My father’s aunt Ida’s maiden name was Rode, not Rhodes.  Same last name as my grandmother’s maiden name.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2008
        Joyce,

        That was a different spelling.  But who really knows?

        darlene baker

      • Laura Petter Pilgrim
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
          Darlene, Eric, and Joyce,

          Some of you have been discussing Lester Krizak.
          FYI, Here are a couple of related obituaries:
          (from http://www.txgenweb6.org/txcolorado/obits/obitsk2.htm)
          (there is a photo of Albina at the above page also)
          Krizak, Albina (Muhlstein)

          Albina Krizak Funeral Service Held July 9

          Albina Muhlstein Krizak, 91, of Weimar, passed away on July 6.

          Funeral services were held July 9 at the Weimar United Church of
          Christ with Rev. Jerry Carpenter officiating.

          Interment followed at the Weimar Masonic Cemetery.

          Albina Muhlstein Krizak was born to John and Frances Smolik Muhlstein
          on Aug. 9, 1915, in the Hackberry Community of Lavaca County.

          She attended school in the Hackberry schools.
          Albina married Henry Krizak of Oakland on Nov. 18, 1935.

          Albina was a devoted wife, mother, and grandmother. She spent her life
          caring for her home, garden, and flowers.

          Her "green thumb" was well known and her yard showed it.

          She loved working outdoors and considered caring for her dogs a joy.

          She was a hardworking woman whose tasks ranged from picking cotton and
          pecans to working in the hydroponic greenhouses in Weimar.

          She was a country girl at heart. She enjoyed making kolaches and
          homemade egg noodles that could often be found everywhere in the house.

          Albina joined the Weimar United Church of Christ after her marriage to
          Henry.

          Her neighbors and friends, Doris Beken, Rosie Shumbera, and Maxine
          Janak afforded her transportation to Weimar UCC services and meetings
          of the Dorcas Circle.

          She enjoyed being involved in the activities of the church.

          She loved passing time with visits on the telephone with her friends.

          Albina is survived by her sons, Louis and wife Karen Krizak of Austin,
          and Kenneth and Julia Krizak of Weimar; grandchildren, Gaylon and wife
          Jeanette Krizak, Stephanie and husband Derrek White, and Nicole and
          husband Alex Bozek; great-grandchildren, Colleen Krizak, Erin Krizak,
          and William Krizak White; sister, Frances Melnar sisters-in-law, Lou
          Muhlstein and Viola Melnar; brother-in-law, Lester Krizak; and nieces,
          nephews, and many friends.

          She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, one sister, and
          three brothers.

          Serving as pallbearers were Bobby Berger, Darrin Holub, Kelly Janak
          Mack Janak, Alan Koehn and Les Simmons.

          Weimar Mercury, July 19, 2007, page 2A

          Krizak, Joseph F.
          Long Time Resident Is Claimed by Death

          The Mercury of last issue briefly mentioned the death of Mr. Joe F.
          Krizak, whose death occurred in a Halletsville hospital Wednesday
          night of last week, following a severe operation a few days previous.
          The funeral took place at the Odd Fellows' Cemetery in this city on
          Friday afternoon, and was attended by a large crowd of mourning
          relatives and friends.

          Mr. Krizak was born Dec. 15, 1873, in Ratimor, Austria. He left his
          home in Rakovic, Austria, at an early age to emigrate to this country.
          He sailed from Bremen, Germany, on the first day of October 1881, and
          arrived in Galveston on the 29th day of October, same year. He came
          over on the ship, "Hohenzollern". He first made his home in the Holman
          section north of Weimar, then moved to Weimar, where he engaged in the
          gin business, and for a time was in partnership with John Janak, Sr.,
          under the firm of Janak & Krizak. Afterward he engaged in farming and
          some years ago bought a large, fine farm in the Oakland section, where
          he and his family resided up to the time of his death.

          He was married to Miss Albina [Alvina] Barton on the 18th day of
          March, 1902. Twelve children were born to this union. He leaves to
          mourn his departure, besides his widow, the following children: Melvin
          Krizak of Baytown, Willie Krizak, Mrs. Edna Fojt, Mrs. Bessie Dusek,
          Henry Krizak, Emil Krizak, Miss Loretta Krizak, Mrs. Hettie Schlebach,
          Mrs. Milady Leppin, Lester Krizak, Miss Viola Krizak and Miss Margaret
          Krizak. Also twelve grandchildren. He was 62 years, 10 months and 27
          days old at time of death.

          Joe Krizak was well and favorably known throughout this section, where
          he had spent the best years of his life. He was a hard working man, an
          upright, good citizen, a devoted husband and father, highly regarded
          by neighbors and friends and his passing is noted with sincere regret
          by all.

          Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to his bereaved ones.

          Weimar Mercury, November 20, 1936, page 1

          BTW, Cousin Eric-in-the-Woodlands, did you catch the obit that Ray
          Bacak posted last week for your great aunt, (my aunt) Evelyn Petter
          krolczyk?

          Lolly Petter Pilgrim
        • Sara Ann Barton
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 26, 2008

            Darlene, When was Cousin Lester moved from the Nursing home in Hallettssville to Temple?Sara

            -- darlenbaker@... wrote:

            Lester Krizak, my great uncle, passed away May 29, 2008 in Temple, TX.
            Lester was my grandmother Viola's, brother. His parents were Josef and Alvina Barton Krizak. He married Ida Rhodes.  He had 2 daughters, Jane Loretta and Mary Ann.

            If I get a whole obit I will post.

            darlene baker

            Click for your daily horoscope, learn about money, love & family.

          • Nangotoo