Re: [TexasCzechs] OBIT: Sister M. Bernard Stryk ?g her birth name

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29, 2008
      Thanks for the information. I haven't heard about the other nun's condition. My Sr. Dorothy Susil is in her 90's and gets around and loves to travel in a car to see different places. I wish I fare as well as she has...lois petter pereira

      Regina Janak <capmoment@...> wrote:
      I spoke to Sr. Bernard's brother and said that she
      went into the convent when she was 14 or 16 before he
      was born and that her name was Anna or Annie but in
      Czech it was how they pronounced it at home.

      Regina
      --- Lois Petter Pereira <epereira@swbell. net> wrote:

      > I just received Easter greetings from my aunt, Sr.
      > M. Dorothy Susil and she told me about 2 nuns being
      > gravely ill. Sorry to hear of her passing. I have 2
      > Stryks who would be in the right age frame, a Lillie
      > and Anna, both daughters of Frank and Albina Barta
      > Stryk. Does anyone know what Sr. Bernard's birth
      > name was ? lois petter pereira
      >
      > "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@sbcglobal. net> wrote:
      > Stryk, Sister M. Bernard
      > SISTER M. BERNARD STRYK
      >
      > VICTORIA - Sister M. Bernard Stryk, 93, of
      > Victoria, passed away Wednesday, March 19 at
      > Incarnate Word & Blessed Sacrement Convent. She was
      > born Feb. 4, 1915 in Flatonia.
      >
      > Scriptural Rosary and Sharing of Memories will be at
      > 6 p.m., Sunday, March 23 at Incarnate Word Convent.
      > Mass of the Christian Burial will be celebrated at
      > 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 24 at Incarnate Word Chapel
      > with the Rev. Leon Rubaj as celebrant. Burial will
      > follow at Catholic Cemetery III.
      >
      > Arrangements by Colonial Funeral Home, 1801 E. Red
      > River, Victoria, 361-578-3535.
      >
      > Published in the Victoria Advocate on 3/22/2008.
      >

      > Lois Petter Pereira
      > Researching Petter, Vitek, Bartos, Papez, Polasek,
      > Kostelnik, Rada, Hlavica, Orsak, Urban, Susil,
      > Manak, Rosenzwieg, Brdusikova, Halla, Psencikove,
      > Slovakove, Susila, Susily

      Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Lois Petter Pereira