RE: [TexasCzechs] Frequency of Czech Surnames

  • SHines
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 6, 2008
      Message
      Hi Ed,

      Thanks for the welcome and the story. Love stories! I loved the book that I ordered,  _Small Doses of Arsenic_. That also helped me to understand my mother's family and my mother more. Why my grandfather sent her to town to do domestic work to pay her way so she could graduate from High School. Only 2 of the 11 siblings did so.

      I recall that Mom said one of them cane from near Prague, and I think she said the other was Moravian. But don't hold me to task on that. I'm of an age where memory is as much fantasy as  reality. :) I'm the little old granny now.

      I speak no Czech. My mom tried t teach me, and stared with counting. Sorry, just couldn't wrap my mouth around the sounds. And I was never offered the chance to learn to read/speak the language. I think I'd have done better with that.

      Then there was life, and I got busy with raising a family.

      Sally
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 6, 2008
        Eric,

        I would like a copy.  Can you please send me the copy.  Patricia Powell   lakePKP@...

        Thanking you in advance,

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 6, 2008
          Eric,

          Please send a copy of the file to

          bobappic@...

          Thank you for all your effort.

          Bob
        • j. w. janosek
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 10, 2008
            Eric,
            I would like a copy if you don't mind.  Thank you.   Jerry

            Patricia Powell <lakepkp@...> wrote:
            ,
            Eric,

            I would like a copy.  Can you please send me the copy.  Patricia Powell   lakePKP@yahoo. com

            Thanking you in advance,

          • CWarschak@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 11, 2008
                  Eric,

                  Would you also send me a copy of the Czech Surnames.
                  Thank you in advance.

                  Carroll Warschak