Kathy Horak Smith & Larry Bodoh re Holubec

  • Pat Lyon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 2:22 PM
      Hi there. I think I can string some of this together. If you have more
      dates or details let me know.

      Georg/Jiri Holubec #69 Usti m. Marianna Zrunek (parents: Cyril Zrunek #112
      Hodslavice & Barbara Janicek) Marianna had a brother Josef b. 1805 who
      married Rosina Toman and Rozina from that family of Zrunek's married Andreas
      Barton whose daughter Rozina married a Muzny and it traces back to our
      family line.

      Georg & Marianna Zrunek Holubec had a son Johann #69 Usti who married Anna
      Horak b.1852 (any more dates here?)

      The Rozina Holubec b. 1872 that Larry references could be a sibling of
      George/Jiri Holubec because the time frame would be right. I don't have her
      or her husbands in the database, but we may be able to fill in the
      connection with a little more searching.

      Pat Lyon
      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      10:01 AM
    • Kathy Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 11:34 AM

        Pat, Larry, Mike, and anyone else interestedJ,

        Pat, You are a dear.

        The following is all that I have. Martin Pytr sent it to me. At the time he was unable to search some of the databases due to restrictions by the Czech government.  Anna Horak died in 1883. She had four children total, but 3 were either still-born or died shortly after birth. She had one illegitimate daughter that died shortly after birth before she married Jan Holubec. Terezia is the only child who lived. She would have been 4 years old when her mother died. The Josef Horak family moved to the US with 4 of their children in 1880/1881 leaving Anna in the homeland. I’m not sure they even knew she died. My father never knew she even existed and thus we are looking to find out what happened with Terezia.

        Pat – How many times can we be connected?

        Larry, welcome to the family!!!!!!

        Mike, you were right in resubmitting that email to the list-serve!  Way to go – you opened up a question that might get answered!

        Regional Archive of Opava, birth registers of protestant (Lutherian) parishment Vsetin

        Book
        Page

        Date of birth
        Baptismal date

        Birthplace

        and # of house

        Name

        Father

        Mother

        Godparents
        Notes

        CV XII 10
        223

        Usti #69

        Terezia

        Jan Holubec from Usti son after Jiri Holubec and his wife Marianna Zrunek

        Anna daughter of Jozef Horak cottager from Hodslavice and his wife

        Jan Trlica, farmer from Usti
        Anna his wife

        CV XII 10
        265

        Usti

        Death-born son

        Jan Holubec from Usti son after Jiri Holubec and his wife Marianna Zrunek

        Anna daughter of Jozef Horak cottager from Hodslavice and his wife

        CV XII 10
        299

        Usti #69

        Death-born son

        Jan Holubec from Usti son after Jiri Holubec and his wife Marianna Zrunek

        Anna daughter of Jozef Horak cottager from Hodslavice and his wife

        CV XII 10
        332

        Usti #69

        Rozalie

        Jan Holubec from Usti son after Jiri Holubec and his wife Marianna Zrunek

        Katerina daughter of Tomas Kotrla retired from Hovezi and his wife Katerina Zarsky

        Jan Trlica, farmer from Usti
        Anna his wife
        died on 14 Dec 1884

        As you can see Anna nee Horak is mentioned as a wife of  Jan Holubec and mother of their children 1879 to 1882. Since 1884 is mentioned Katerina nee Kotrla as a wife of  Jan Holubec and mother of their children.

        Regional Archive of Opava, death registers of protestant (Lutherian) parishment Vsetin

        Book
        Page

        Date of death
        Burial date

        Place

        and # of house

        Name

        Age

        Case of death

        CV XII 8
        118/235

        Usti #69

        Anna (sic!), wife of Jan Holubec, smith from Usti

        34 (39?) years

        Swelling

      • Pat Lyon
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5 7:48 AM
          Thanks, Kathy.  I find it comforting to be connected to so many people.  I'm an only child since my sister died Mar 5, 2005 and it feels strange.

          I've been caring for my 94 year old Mom at home but she had a stroke yesterday and it doesn't look like I'll get to bring her home.

          I don't have the Josef Horak info since our Horak connections were with Frank.  Can you offer that?

          Pat