Re: [TexasCzechs] Re:Big Joe Polka Show

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
      You mean he was never found.   I was wondering what happened in that case.

      Nan

      Yes, we were not there Thursday, but heard Big Joe did a very nice tribute to Bobby Jones.  He is missed a lot by everyone.  We may never know the real truth about what caused him to do what he did if he is in hiding somewhere.  Hope if he is, he can have somewhat of a normal life.
      Julie

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
        Hi Nad

        I have two e-mail address this one & att.net , i like to go to yahoo
        and get all the news on the Taxas Czech groups especially on
        Obituaries, and if i know the person i forward to my friends & kinfolks
        The Band & me are do fine, come Sunday March 8 ,we be in Sweet Home
        playing for Cajun & Polka Bash with 4 other bands, i love cajum music
        my wife has kinfolks in La, we were invited to a wedding in the 70 that lasted
        till 3:am, those cajun just do't know went to quit playing.
        I have a sister liveing in Wasington, State & they don't have polka music
        either the she know of.
        Thanks

        Tony Janak

        Nangotoo <nangotoo@...> wrote:
        Tony,

        Just wanted to say "HI".  Its been awhile since I've seen your name pop up on the board.  How are things going with you and with the band?   Sure wish I were closer to Texas so I could see youall play and enjoy some of the dancing.  Ah well, not much polka in So. CA (now, No. CA is a different story).  Sounds like you had a good time.

        Nan

        Hi Julie & Wes

        I was one of the bands there Sunday
        i like the way they had it sit up from the last time, with two band stages
        good sound men working the board made all the bands sound
        better & having more recording cameras, good dance floor, no dust
        in the air & watching the people have more fun dancing make all the
        Bands play better too, we realy enjoy it
        Tony Janak

        Julie Herzik Matus <juwemat@peoplepc. com> wrote:
        Hello -

        Did anyone in the Group attend the Big Joe Polka Show? My husband and
        I were there Friday and Saturday and had a great time listening to the
        good music. We saw lots of friends and relatives both days. The
        dance floor was improved considerably since the last one in 2006.
        Hope everyone else had a great time too!
        Julie & Wes

      • Kathy Kelly
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hi!
          I think I may be a relative of yours. My grandfather
          was Robert Michna who lived in Wharton, TX. His mom
          was Frances Janak. My mom is Dorothy Twardowski and
          her first cousin is Justine Keprta. My mom tells me
          that she remembers you playing at the Janak reunions
          in Hallettsville. Were your parents William and Sophia
          Janak that lived in Yoakum?
          Thanks,
          Kathy Kelly in Spring, TX

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs