OBIT: Dennis Wenske

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      Wenske, Dennis
       View/Sign Guest Book

      DENNIS WENSKE

      YOAKUM - Dennis Wenske, age 61, died on Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008.

      He was born on Sept. 24, 1946, in Shiner, to Larry and Edith Kurtz Wenske.  He was a retired conductor for Southern Pacific Railroad, a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church.

      Survivors: wife, Sharon Okruhlik Wenske of Yoakum; sons, Brian Wenske and wife Lori of Shiner, Brad Wenske and wife Dawn of Schulenburg; daughter, Brooke Robinson and husband Matt of Yoakum; grandchildren, Cole, Taylor, Andrew and Tayt Wenske, and Hailey Robinson; and brothers, Rodney Wenske and Michael Wenske of Yoakum.  He was preceded in death by his parents.

      A rosary will be recited at 6 p.m. on Sunday at Thiele-Cooper Funeral Home.  The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. on Monday at St. Joseph Catholic Church with the Rev. Matthew Huehlefeld officiating. Interment will be at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery.

      Memorials may be given to the donor's choice.  Online guestbook may be signed at www.thielecooper.com.  Arrangements with Thiele-Cooper Funeral Home, Yoakum, 361-293-5656.
      Published in the Victoria Advocate on 3/1/2008.
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        If anyone has this man or his parents in their family tree, I would like to get in touch because I am trying to find out if this Larry Wenske is the same Larry Wenske who married a Margie Leist. I'm thinking it's possible that Larry Wenske divorced Edith Kurtz and remarried to Margie Leist. If not, then Margie Leist married another Larry Wenske.

        Thanks,

        Matt

      • jerry.leist
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2013
          This is a different Larry Wenske. I am a first cousin of Margie Leist. Margie married Larry V Wenske from Shiner, Tx. I grew up in Yoakum, Tx and knew Larry C Wenske 1914-1988. who is named in this obit as the father of Dennis Wenske.
          Larry V Wenske, husband of Margie Leist, lives in Shiner and is a member of the Shiner Hobo Band.
          Please contact me at jerry.leist@... and I can get a mailing address for you.

          Jerry Leist