Toman - Barton's of Hodslavice

  • Sara Ann Barton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29 11:11 AM

      Dear Julie,
      In regard to your TOMAN question to Mike. I finally got around to sending Mike (see his email at the very end) information from Leon Anhaiser's book (see below). I went back to the book to look for Andreas Toman and all I see is his death (see bold below) and about land dealings. Sara

      Sorry it has taken me so long to enter (see below) as promised what Leon Anton Anhaiser has in his book Anhaiser, Barton, Brovec, Nohavitza, Pudich Generations and Relations book, p. 78--. The same picture George Barton sent to me a couple weeks ago is on p. 78 labeled "Barton Family a. 1913. Back row: Joe Barton, unknown, Frances Pudich Barton, Frank Barton holding Rudy Barton, Andrew Barton. Middle Row: seated Ottilie Skehot Barton, Esther Barta Barton, unknown, Anna Barton Jurecka. Front row: Unknown

      Joseph Barton, house #69 married Marianna Palachy 1773. Their son, Joseph Barton, married Juliana Merenda 1905. Their son Frantisek Barton was the father of Texas immigrants Andreas Barton and his sister Anna Barton Kunetka.

      Andreas barton (1839-1887) was the second child born to Frantisek and Marianna Merenda Barton, house #95. Andreas' sister Anna (1836-1898) married Joseph Kunetka (1837-1915) and preceded her brother to Texas in 1873. Andreas' and Anna's brothers Frank I , Frank II, and John all died in infancy.  Marianna the younger sister, died at age 5 in 1853. Andreas' father, Frantisek died at age 34 in 1848 when Andreas was only 9 years old. Andreas

      Andreas married Rosina Zrunek 2/8/1871 when he was 32 years old. Rosina was the daugher of Josef and Rosina Toman Zrunek, house #112. Josef's father, Cyril Zrunek born 1770.

      Rosina Zrunek (1844-1882) was the yougest of 5 children. First child Joseph, no record. Anna married Josef Rydel in 1856. Her father listed as deceased on marriage recorrd. 3rd child, Rosina died young. Frank married Rosina Kudelka in 1864 and he died in 1876 one year after his siter Rosina, the 5th child left with her husband Andreas Barton for America. Rosina Kudelka Zrunek married secondly Jan Kudelka a cousin and son of Joseph and Anna Kudelka 4/10/1877.

      Andreas and Rosina Zrunek Barton married at St. Andrew's Catholic Church in Hodslavice and lived in House #95. Church records recorded that Andreas acknowledged that he was the father of Rosina's daughter, Rosina who was born in 1868. Rosina's mother was deceased at the time she mnarried. Their next 2 children, Andrew and Anna, were born in Hodslavice. They left Bremen, Germany and arrived in New Orleans, LA 11/1875 with forty cents and traveled to the Weimar area.  The Bartons and Kunetkas settled in this area of Texas because the landscape reminded them of their Moravian homeland--soft rolling hills with good farmland.  The Bartons settled in Rabb's Prairie, Fayette County; Joseph Kunetka had settled in New Bielau, near Sedan, also in Fayette County.

      Andrew and Rosina had 2 more sons in Texas: Joseph born 12/20/1878 and Frank born 3/8/1881. Their baptisms recorded in Sts. Cyril and Methodium Catholic Church in Dubina. Andreas Toman and Rosina Kudelka (relatives from Moravia perhaps? served a baptismal sponsors for both Joseph and Frank Rosina Kudelka was possibly Rosina Barton's sister-in-law, widow of Frank Zrunek

      11/29/1881 Andreas Barton, Joseph Kudelka and Andreas Toman purchased 291 acres of land together in the JA Sargetn league in Fayette Co. Andreas Toman died 3/2/1882. As a resut Mrs. Rosina Toman, Joseph Kudelka and Andreas Barton sold 66.4 acres to Joseph Kunetka (Andreas Barton's brother-in-law). 1/18/1883 Kudelka and barton divided the land, Kudelka 100 acres and Barton 117 acres.

      Andreas Barton died 1887;  Joseph Kudelka was deceased by 1897; Rosina arton died 11/28/1882 and buried in Dubina Cemetery. Andreas Barton's horse fell as he crossed the railroad tracks in Weimar in 1887. Andreas buried next to Rosina in Dubina Cemetery. The orphaned Barton children were taken in by different families. Joseph Kunetka took Andrew who was 16; Jeri Hromadka took Joseph were was 5. The Barton's daughter Rosina (1868-?) married Frank Muzny (1859-?) in St. Johh the Baptist Cathold Church in Ammansville 9/3/1890. Their children Agnes, Philomena, and Emil were born and baptized in Ammansville and their son Adolf baptized in High Hill. 1990 US Census says Rosina had 8 children but only 4 alive. This familyl moved and has not been traced anyy further nor found in the 1910 or 1920 censuses of Texas, OK, Ill or MI.
      I'm summarizing the following from the book to get to Frank Barton who married Ottilie Skrehot
      if anyone wants the details let me know
      Anna Barton 1874-1942 on 2/18/1892 married John Jurecka (1867-1934), son of Cyril and Agnes Kossa Jurecka
      Joseph (Joe) Barton (1878-1961) on 11/19/1907 married Esther Barta (18878-1963) daughter of John and Mary Charbula Barta
      Frank Barton (1881-1950) on 1/3/1909 married Ottlie Skrehot (1887-1964) daughter of Leopold Skrehot and Mary Michna. Leopold Skrehot came to Texas in 1872 from Frenstat, Moravia and settled in West, TX. Ottlie was born in Watt, Limestone Country, TX. She had one sister, Bessie and 5 brothers John, Will, Albert, Rude and Ed.
      Frank and Ottilie's children were Rudy, Libusa (LIbby), Agnes, Hartis and George.

      Dear Michael,  I have found the Barton's you mention below in Leon Anahaiser's Genealogy book. Mr. Anahaiser has a yearly reunion at Dubina, which I've attended a couple of times and bought his book.  Next week just as soon as I have time I'll send you an email with all your Barton family info from this book. The same picture you sent me is also in that book. Please just be patient with me as I think this will answer many of your questions. Sara Ann Barton

      -- "Michael" <czechbarton@...> wrote:
      Hi My name is Mike E. Barton my G-Gfather Andreas Barton (1839-1887)his
      Parents Frantisek Barton & Maranna Merenda Born at Hodslavice lived at
      house #95 his wife was Rosina Zrunek #112 her mother was Rosina Toman
      (1806-?)father Josef Zrunek (1805-? )imm. 1875 also his sister Anna
      Barton who marr. Josef Kunetka first had farm at Rabb's Prairie,Fayette
      Co. then purchased 291 acres together with Josef Kudelka,Adreas
      Toman,at Dubina Tx in 1881 then Andreas Barton died a year later; my
      Gfather was 6  he was rised by August Haidusek Of La Grange a lawyer
      and later State Repr. at 16 he was living at sister Anna Barton-Jurecka
      north Mart Tx. 1909 he marr. Ottlie Skrehot at Bomarton ,Tx. at St.John
      Live east of Mart,Tx. 1919 Moved to Penelope ,Tx 1925 open a grocery
      store till 1950   it so hard get who is who most of women are Rosina or
      Anna the men Joe,or Frank! do you have list familys who came to U.S.

      <juwemat@...> wrote:
      Hi Mike -
      I noticed in your e-mail, you spoke of Andreas Toman.  His daughter, Lucy, was my grandmother.  Do you have any other info on the Toman family?  I have not been able to find much on that family.  Lucy's sister, Annie, was born in Austria in 1871; Lucy was born in Dubina in 1874.  I found Andreas Toman on the 1880 Census in Fayette County.  I'm originally from Ammannsville, we live in Spring now.
      Thank you.
      Julie Herzik Matus

[...]
      from Hodslavice . I have my Family tree at Ancestary.com mike

      Boost your business with a small business loan. Click now!
    • Julie Matus
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29 12:23 PM
        Hi Sara -

        I'm not sure if it's the same Toman or not?  All I have is that Andreus/Andreas was born in Czech Republic; married twice, to a Rosina Unknown (2nd wife) and Rosina Kramolis (1st wife); Rosina Kramolis was born in CR also.  And who knows, maybe the last name of the lady is incorrect.  He and the first wife had Annie in 1871 in the Cr and then he and the Rosina unknown had Lucy in 1874, born in Dubina.  So??
        Thanks for all your input.  We also have the Anhaiser book.  My Mom's sister, Bertha, married Joe Anhaiser.  The Herzik's and Korenek's mentioned in the book are my connection also.  Heck, we are all related!  Just one big family!!
        Julie

        Julie & Wes Matus

        Researching:
        Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
        Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek
      • Kathy Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008

          Julie,

               Kromolis is also a Hodslavice name. I obviously need to get busy on the genealogy information as well. I’ve been talking with Mike as well. He will try to get to the Hodslavice Reunion in West this year. I hope others will be able to be there as well. I thought not working would leave me time to work on genealogy information, but so far I haven’t had much time.

          Kathy