Re: [TexasCzechs] Rose Maries picture

  • Lois Petter Pereira
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008

      here is the picture for Rose Marie.
      Julie I am sorry to hear of your loss also, I partially read the obits this morning but one sentence jumped out at me....Always had a smile on her face.....when i got back and finished reading it I saw Julie and Wes' name. Julie, it looks like you will have a great guardian angel above. Anyone who was such a positive influence will continue to be a joy...lois petter pereira

      Mrs. Matus, My sympathy goes to you and your family at this time of your lives.paulasmaggie
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
        Thank you Lois.  Yes, she will be our guardian Angel along with our son  and my parents.
        Julie

      • hurwitz.jeanette@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2008
          Julie,

          I too am so sorry for your loss. Your relationship with Rose sounds like mine with my sister.

          I also want you to know that I am adding your sister to my list of angels. I am an assistant coach with the Leukemia Lymphoma Societies Team in Training program. I train everyday people to run marathons and in return they help to raise funds for research fellows, treatment, and to help families in our area. I'm in my 10th season and every time I run a marathon, I wear ribbons with the names of my honorees and my honored angels. This year I'll be running 3 half marathons, 1 marathon, and a 199 mile relay. Each time, I'll carry Rose on my back and keep her in my thoughts. I'd gladly have no ribbons on my back but until people like your sister stop becoming angels at the hands of blood cancers......I'll keep movin'!

          May your memories give you comfort and make you smile.

          peace,
          Jeanette

          Dusek, Danchak, Silar, Marek, Balcar, Janku, Kousal
        • Julie Matus
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
            Jeanette, thank you so much for your kind words and what you do for the Lymphoma Society.  It is a terrible illness.  Hers began 15 years ago for the first time and since then, she has had many bouts with it throughout the years.  In between, she has had a stroke which affected her vision, she's had broken bones a few times, she's had shingles, a cornea transplant, this last round of chemo really knocked her back, then the hole in her esophagus showed up on a scan and then pneumonia set it.  Even after all that, she still managed to be in a positive frame of mind.  What an inspiration to everyone she touched.  The pastor, Father Wayne Wilkerson, at St. Francis De Sales Catholic Church, had a beautiful Mass for her yesterday.

            I noticed the name Dusek in your list of names - did you know the John and Angelina Dusek family in Ammannsville?  They had six sons.  They were our neighbors in Ammannsville.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
              Lois, I can't remember if I replied to this e-mail before or not.  Thank you for posting the photo.  Her funeral was just beautiful - the pastor at St. Francis De Sales is a very kind compassionate person.  He has been to their house, so he 'knew' them and made it a very special heartfelt Mass.
              Julie