Re: [TexasCzechs] Hlucanek/Melcher genealogy

  • gpatrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4 5:27 AM
      Jennifer,
      I don't know if the spelling is the same or not, but, J.C. Melcher owned and operated a hardware store on Main Street in Port Lavaca, Tx for many years.  His son, J.C. Melcher currently operates the store.  My family moved to Calhoun County in the 1940s and Melchers was operating then.

      Calhoun County has a couple of pretty good genealogy  websites and you may find Melcher obits in the Port Lavaca Wave newspaper or the Victoria Advocate.  Good luck and welcome to the list.

      George
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25 9:57 AM
        Welcome Jennifer.  I don't have anything at this time to offer you but keep asking for your various lines and we will score a hit I am sure!

        Pat Lyon
        Researching Urban, Orsak, Svach, Simik, Kunetka, Hubenak, Supak, Slovak, Cabron, Kazmir, Kortis, Valigura, et al
      • Pauljen1
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25 12:43 PM
          Hi Matt-
          Thanks, that little guy was my grandmother's older brother. I knew
          about him, and even had a pic of his tombstone but no one alive knew
          where he was buried! You helped me locate him!
          Thank you

          --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:

          > I'm not related, but on the Victoria Diocese cemetery website is a
          listing for a Rudolf Melcher, born 21 May 1913; died 1 Jul 1914,
          buried at Hostyn. I'm assuming this child is the infant you referred
          to in your message.

          > The website is http://vccms.org/index.phpMatt Cross
          > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You
          IM, we give.