Hlucanek/Melcher genealogy

  • Pauljen1
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
      Hi,
      I am new to this group. Beginning my family research on my mother's
      side. My ggrandmother Hlucanek married Conrad Melcher ca. 1900. Any
      leads would be great. They had an infant son who is buried in the
      Hostyn cemetery.

      Thanks and glad to be here.
      Jennifer
    • Matt Cross
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
        I'm not related, but on the Victoria Diocese cemetery website is a listing for a Rudolf Melcher, born 21 May 1913; died 1 Jul 1914, buried at Hostyn. I'm assuming this child is the infant you referred to in your message.

        The website is http://vccms.org/index.php

        Matt Cross

      • gpatrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2008
          Jennifer,
          I don't know if the spelling is the same or not, but, J.C. Melcher owned and operated a hardware store on Main Street in Port Lavaca, Tx for many years.  His son, J.C. Melcher currently operates the store.  My family moved to Calhoun County in the 1940s and Melchers was operating then.

          Calhoun County has a couple of pretty good genealogy  websites and you may find Melcher obits in the Port Lavaca Wave newspaper or the Victoria Advocate.  Good luck and welcome to the list.

          George
          I am new to this group. Beginning my family research on my mother's
          side. My ggrandmother Hlucanek married Conrad Melcher ca. 1900. Any
          leads would be great. They had an infant son who is buried in the
          Hostyn cemetery.

          Thanks and glad to be here.
          Jennifer

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Pat Lyon
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 25, 2008
            Welcome Jennifer.  I don't have anything at this time to offer you but keep asking for your various lines and we will score a hit I am sure!

            Pat Lyon
            Researching Urban, Orsak, Svach, Simik, Kunetka, Hubenak, Supak, Slovak, Cabron, Kazmir, Kortis, Valigura, et al
          • Pauljen1
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25, 2008
              Hi Matt-
              Thanks, that little guy was my grandmother's older brother. I knew
              about him, and even had a pic of his tombstone but no one alive knew
              where he was buried! You helped me locate him!
              Thank you

              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, Matt Cross <lennonluv@...> wrote:

              > I'm not related, but on the Victoria Diocese cemetery website is a
              listing for a Rudolf Melcher, born 21 May 1913; died 1 Jul 1914,
              buried at Hostyn. I'm assuming this child is the infant you referred
              to in your message.

              > The website is http://vccms.org/index.phpMatt Cross
              > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You
              IM, we give.