Antique cars

  • Pat Hejl
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3 11:23 AM
      Can anyone tell me the make/model of this vehicle? There is a second auto behind this one.

      My grandfather, Frank Joseph Marek, is in the center with his leg crossed and leaning on the back wheel. His father, Josef R. Marek, is in the vehicle directly behind Frank's right shoulder. I love this story that my father, Frank Marek, Jr. told about his grandfather.  Seems Grandpa Josef R. had purchased one of those new fangled automobiles. One day Josef drove from his home to Frank, Sr.'s store. When he got there he complained that he didn't like the car because it was so rough riding. Upon inspection, Josef had run over a garden rake and had traveled the distance with the rake still embedded in the tire. I don't know if this is the car, but it certainly could be.

      Pat

    • Eric In The Woodlands
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3 7:15 PM

        I knew a Pat Marek from Sugar Land in grade school.  Is that you? J

        Eric Teltschik

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4 6:21 AM
          No, not me. I grew up in Temple but lived in Galena Park in 1944-45 when my Dad worked for Brown & Root in the shipyards.
        • d1jezek@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4 3:52 PM
            i knew an Eric Teltschik in high school.  lamar in rosenberg class of 85.  is that you?

          • Eric In The Woodlands
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4 6:55 PM

              Yes, it is. J

              i knew an Eric Teltschik in high school.  lamar in rosenberg class of 85.  is that you?