OBIT: Adell Kahanek Robinson

  • Ray J. Bacak
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Robinson, Adell Kahanek
       View/Sign Guest Book

      ADELL KAHANEK ROBINSON

      SWEET HOME - Adell Kahanek Robinson, age 93, died on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2008. She was born on Jan. 11, 1915, in St. John, to Charles and Theresa Jaresh Kahanek.

      She was a leather worker for Tex Tan and a member of the Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Sweet Home American Legion Auxiliary, Catholic Daughters of America, and Yoakum Community Hospital Auxiliary.

      Survivors: daughter, Deborah Chandler and husband Gary of Sweet Home; sons, Michael Robinson and David Robinson and wife Connie, all of Yoakum; longtime companion, William B. Fitch; sister-in-law, Lucy Hoffer Kahanek of Hempstead; grandchildren, Gregory Chandler, Kelly Chandler, Rodney and Lashelle Robinson, Matthew and Brooke Robinson, Christopher Chandler, Courtney and Billy Zinke; and great-grandchildren, Gage Chandler Brooks, Hailey Robinson, Jaycee Chandler, Candice and Scott Chandler, Dru and Lane Zinke.  Preceded in death by: husband, Thomas E. Robinson Sr.; son, Thomas E. Robinson Jr.; daughter-in-law, Maria Robinson; sister, Mildred Kahanek; and brother, George Kahanek.

      A wake service will be held at 7 p.m. today at Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Sweet Home. The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday with the Rev. Charles Sonnier officiating. Burial will be at Queen of Peace Catholic Cemetery.

      Memorial contributions may be given to the donor's choice.  Online guestbook may be signed at thielecooper.com.

      Arrangements by Thiele-Cooper Funeral Home, Yoakum, 361-293-5656.
      Published in the Victoria Advocate on 2/1/2008.
    • Regina Janak
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
        After reading this obit I realized she was kin to me
        down the line of the Jares and Migl family.

        Regina Matus-Janak

        --- "Ray J. Bacak" <rjbacak@...> wrote:

        > Robinson, Adell Kahanek View/Sign Guest
        > Book
        >

        > ADELL KAHANEK ROBINSON
        >

        > SWEET HOME - Adell Kahanek Robinson, age 93,
        > died on Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2008. She was born on
        > Jan. 11, 1915, in St. John, to Charles and Theresa
        > Jaresh Kahanek.
        >
        > She was a leather worker for Tex Tan and a
        > member of the Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Sweet
        > Home American Legion Auxiliary, Catholic Daughters
        > of America, and Yoakum Community Hospital Auxiliary.
        >
        > Survivors: daughter, Deborah Chandler and
        > husband Gary of Sweet Home; sons, Michael Robinson
        > and David Robinson and wife Connie, all of Yoakum;
        > longtime companion, William B. Fitch; sister-in-law,
        > Lucy Hoffer Kahanek of Hempstead; grandchildren,
        > Gregory Chandler, Kelly Chandler, Rodney and
        > Lashelle Robinson, Matthew and Brooke Robinson,
        > Christopher Chandler, Courtney and Billy Zinke; and
        > great-grandchildren, Gage Chandler Brooks, Hailey
        > Robinson, Jaycee Chandler, Candice and Scott
        > Chandler, Dru and Lane Zinke. Preceded in death by:
        > husband, Thomas E. Robinson Sr.; son, Thomas E.
        > Robinson Jr.; daughter-in-law, Maria Robinson;
        > sister, Mildred Kahanek; and brother, George
        > Kahanek.
        >
        > A wake service will be held at 7 p.m. today at
        > Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Sweet Home. The
        > funeral service will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday with
        > the Rev. Charles Sonnier officiating. Burial will be
        > at Queen of Peace Catholic Cemetery.
        >
        > Memorial contributions may be given to the
        > donor's choice. Online guestbook may be signed at
        > thielecooper.com.
        >
        > Arrangements by Thiele-Cooper Funeral Home,
        > Yoakum, 361-293-5656.
        >
        > Published in the Victoria Advocate on
        > 2/1/2008.

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?