Attn: Family Stories

  • paulasmaggie
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
      In the past we have discussed everyway a person can cook and eat any
      part of a chicken or pig which I put in my notebook for my kids. Now,
      with Valetine just two weeks away I would like to put some "love"
      stories passed down from our families. They can be happy or sad. Here
      is one of my favorites told to me by Mr. Hejl. A condensed version.
      My gr grandparents Pauline Urban & Joseph Kortis arranged the marriage
      of their daughter Annie to Henry Kubena. The house was full of
      families and friends. The women were cooking, baking, and getting
      things ready. Have no idea what the men were doing. A house full of
      joy and happiness, except for one intended bride. My gr Aunt Annie.
      It seemed she cried at the wedding and slept with her parents on her
      wedding night. The next day she was sent off crying with gr Uncle
      Henry to settle in East Bernard. Poor Uncle Henry. Theirs was a love
      story. They stayed married for over 50 years. From his sister-in-law
      my grandmamma Pauline Kortis Becvar Uncle Henry was one "heck of a
      man". He was full of laughter. I know this because he and my gr Uncle
      Joe Kortis tried to dig up the Yeague Creek one night looking for
      gold. Well that is another story. I hope some of you will share your
      stories too. paulasmaggie
    • Janet Kotlar
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
        I think this is a great idea.  I have some love letters that my Great Grandfather Frantisek (Frank) Rek wrote to my Great Grandmother Emillie Veselka - many of them are dated 1916-1920.  I will see if I can scan and post them in the next few days.

      • pfoster
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
          That would be great, Janet.  Thank-You for replying looking forward to adding them to my notebook.paulasmaggie
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
            Hopefully I am posting this right and showing the correct link to the
            album with the "Love Letters" in it. These are letters written by my
            great grandfather Frantisek Reck to my great grandmother Emillie
            Veselka Reck.

          • j_kotlar

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "paulasmaggie" <pfosterbmt@...>
                wrote:

                I messed up on the last post. But I think I did put the link in for
                the letters. Bare with me everyone, I am learning (you would think I
                would know how to work a computer since I work in a law office :))

                The first letter written July 16, 1916 reads as follows:

                "You are the one I love

                Miss Millie Veselka - why Hellow My Dearest sweetheart as I have a
                little time to night so I will will write you a few lines to let you
                know how I am I am find and hope you the same Well my Honey how did
                you get over sun I did get over it find Well Honey how did you like
                that dance I just like it find it sure fine dance but I like dose
                sweet kisses better that we had last night we sure did have fine
                times Well my Honey are you sleepy to night I am not sleepy to night
                I sleep fine last night I did dream about that sweet time we had at
                that gate (Page 2: Sweeet kiss to my Honey) last night Well my Honey
                what was you doing to day did you been working hard to day I been
                working hard to day Maybe you seen me at that (prass?) I sure did
                feed it but it was to hot to day befor that rain say Honey I wish I
                could kiss you to night my Honey that would be a sweet kiss because I
                eat to much of that molasis that I had cook to day well Honey what
                about this sun oh yes Honey I know we will go on a visit this sun if
                it dont rain yes Honey I will take car and come over to your place
                and then we go so be sure we are going (Page 3: I am your loving
                sweet boy) Well my Honey I thing I will ring of for to night because
                I am getting a little sleepy and I feel tired to night I have been
                working hard to day so By By my Honey With love to you My sweet
                Heart and Many sweet kisses to you my sweet gairl I am your Loving
                Sweet Heart
                Frank,
                I wish to kiss you sun my Honey
                and soon my darling"

                Old Letter 2 written June 1 1917

                "With my Love to you My Sweet Millie
                Miss Millie Veselka,
                Why Hellow my Dearest sweet Heart as i have a little time to night so
                I will write you a few lines again to let you know how I am I am just
                finde and I hope you are the same Well my Honey What are you doing
                this days are you still choping cotton I been working hard to day I
                sure feel tired to night yes my Honey I am sure lone some after you I
                wish to kiss you my Honey to night (Page 2: I am your loving sweet
                Heart Frank) Well My Honey What about Saterday yes my Honey I am
                coming for sure Saterday evening so be sure and wate on me I am
                coming for sure if nothing dont happen till saterday with me yes my
                Honey I wish to be with you soon be caus I love you so much Well
                Honey what about sunday yes my Honey we will see us in chourch in the
                morning but we will be togather saterday night we talk togather (Page
                3: I wish to Married you soon my sweet Millie) yes my Honey be sure
                that I am coming after you saterday night so wate on me my Honey I
                wish to see you such becous I am so lone some after you my Honey Well
                Honey I thing I will close for to night So with my Love to you and
                sweet kisses to you my sweet Millie I wish to kiss you to night my
                Honey so I am yours sweet Loving Frank and soon my Honey"

                I hope everyone enjoys the letters as I have. It gives me great
                appreciation for them and their love for each other which some seem
                to take for granted especially in these times. I thought these were
                right in tune with Valentines day coming up.
              • Sir John
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                  I hope my grand children (know my children won't) will nor be disrespectful by publishing any letters between my wife and I on the Internet for the world to read.

                  Sir John

                  j_kotlar <j_kotlar@...> wrote:

                  Sir John, Earl of Berkshire
                • pfoster
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                    Janet, Thank-You.  It was really sweet of you to share.  Now days there is so much bad news, it warms my heart to read of such a love.  Your Great Grandfather was a special man.  I wish I had all the cards my Grandmamma had from my Poppa.  I hope other people share their stories.paulasmaggie
[...]

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • pfoster
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                      Sir John, We are all allowed our opinions good and bad as long as we respect others opinions.  I respect yours, but we are different.  I have all the cards my husband has sent me throughout our 30 years will pass them on to our kids.  If they want to post them, no problem.  I am proud of that man, even at that times I would like to strangle him.paulasmaggie
                      I hope my grand children (know my children won't) will nor be disrespectful by publishing any letters between my wife and I on the Internet for the world to read.

                      Sir John

                      j_kotlar <j_kotlar@yahoo. com> wrote:

                      Sir John, Earl of Berkshire

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    • RICHARD MCCLENDON

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
                          Did not believe I was being disrespectful, rather felt that I was sharing with others their love for each other.

                        • pfoster
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 3, 2008
                            Janet, I went to the site, there was a note unavaible photos.paulasmaggie
                            Hopefully I am posting this right and showing the correct link to the
                            album with the "Love Letters" in it. These are letters written by my
                            great grandfather Frantisek Reck to my great grandmother Emillie
                            Veselka Reck.

                            http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/TexasCzech s/photos/ browse/aacf

                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.