Re: [TexasCzechs] Burial Plot Ownership

  • Bea Rost
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008

      On exhumation, my brother died as an infant in 1933 and was buried in a secluded family cemetery here in Fayette County where I have lived most of my life.  About 15 years ago the decision was made in my small family that we we wanted to be buried in Waldeck Cemetery.   Long story shortened my mom was not satisfied with this decision until I suggested that we "exhume" my brother (after all those years) and that was acceptable to Mom.   I did go to a local funeral director to help me on this and the state did have to notified and provide the necessary paperwork.   The actual move was then made in the presence of an employee of the funeral home who did the exhuming, the funeral director, and my son who I designated to be present since I was not going to be able to be present.  There was a fee required.

      Bea

      Mr. Bacak, I donot know if this will help, but have you checked with the funeral home that arranged the burial for your parents?  paulasmaggie