Traditional Foods of New Year's Day

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
      If the internet is any indication, sauerkraut is one of the
      foods of New Year's Day.

      http://www.iarelative.com/recipe/sauer.htm

      The above page was the number one page at It's All Relative
      for January 1. A most unusual page to take the top spot.

      Does anyone have traditions of New Year's Day associated with
      sauerkraut?

      Greg
    • livanec@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
        Fried cabbage & Black eyed peas.

        Allen L.

      • Nangotoo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
          Ugh!  I really dislike black-eyed peas.  I've never heard of fried cabbage.  What is it?  I like boiled cabbage and corned beef.

          Nan

          Fried cabbage & Black eyed peas.

          Allen L.

          .