Re: [TexasCzechs] Happy New Year

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2008
      That's great, but how do you pronounce SHATYAHST in English?  My tongue doesn't go that way and I can't even begin to come up with a way to break it down.  Could you try to break that down a bit so we could use our English recognizing brains to find a way to pronounce it?  I got the "neeeeee No-veeee ROK" part.

      Nan

      Happy New Year in Czech is "st'astny novy rok." (There are two "t's"
      in "st'astny".) With the little hooks and accent marks it looks like
      this, if your computer can display it properly:

      št'astný nový rok! (pronounced SHTYAHST-neeee NO-veeee ROK)

      .

    • Nangotoo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2008

        And this is pronounced how?

        Nan

        Hi
        This what it is supposed to look like Štˇastný Nový Rok.

        Darwin

        .