Re: [TexasCzechs] gonzales answer to question

  • Nangotoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      You can also write to the Gonzales Co. archives.  They have most of the Gonzales Inquirer newspapers they have on file very well indexed now.  In fact, I've been doing research via mail, phone, letter and computer with Gonzales for years and they have some of the best county records I have ever seen anywhere.  They are very helpful at the archives, too.  Gonzales in my mom's home town.

      Nan

      Well, Slayden, Texas, is in Gonzales County, TX.

      I checked the Gonzales County GenWeb (http://www.rootsweb .com/~txgonzal/) and found on http://www.rootsweb .com/~txgonzal/ inq1927.txt the following:

      Boehm, Joe Jr., accidentally shot/killed himself, 7 Nov 1927

      That line is a reference to an article in the Gonzales Inquirer of 7 Nov 1927. You might try to get the article through your library's interlibrary loan services.

      Also, do a search on the Gonzales GenWeb site, as there were 9 other hits for "Boehm."

      Matt

      To: TexasCzechs@ yahoogroups. com
      From: soarsister@clearwir e.net
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:57:12 -0600
      Subject: [TexasCzechs] gonzales answer to question

      I asked the Gonzales County folks where Bott's is...they said they learned something new themselves with that question, and the answer is Old Slayden was also called Bott's City...now I have to go find where Old Slayden is LOL!
      Carla Boehm

      Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! Check it out!