Re: [TexasCzechs] Boehm's burried in Moravia, TX

  • pfoster
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      Patricia, am I reading this right.  They moved the headstones without the family permission?  paulasmaggie
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
        The priest said that after 100 years, they can then reuse the graves. He didn't have permission from my grandparents as they had passed away already. They didn't ask my dad to the best of my knowledge as my mom didn't know anything about it and she was as surprised as I was to not be able to find the graves and hear what the priest told us.

        Their graves were in front of the statue of Jesus on the cross and now they are not there.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
          Patricia, I donot know if this helps and I myself yet to do it myself.  When I was in Dime Box let just say I had a problem with a priest who refused to give me a copy of information I needed.  When I came home I talk to a client who is a devote Catholic.  He said that the priest was wrong.  Family information can be copied and given to family members.  My client said to write to the Catholic Church in Austin.  I have the address somewhere.  He said that is where all the records are kept and where the priests have to answer too for any grievances.  paulafoster
          The priest said that after 100 years, they can then reuse the graves. He didn't have permission from my grandparents as they had passed away already. They didn't ask my dad to the best of my knowledge as my mom didn't know anything about it and she was as surprised as I was to not be able to find the graves and hear what the priest told us.

          Their graves were in front of the statue of Jesus on the cross and now they are not there.

          Patricia, am I reading this right. They moved the headstones without the family permission? paulasmaggie

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Pat Lyon
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
            I am amazed and appalled that would happen in this country.  We buy our plots here and they belong to our family just like a farm or other real estate.  I understand in Europe they are more squeezed for space, but even then, to dispose of the headstones should be considered a crime, desecration of a grave or  something.    I hope this is an isolated incident.  If I find that has happened to any of my family, there will be litigation!

            Pat Lyon