Re: [TexasCzechs] Curious?

  • Ashour, Titus
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
      They are probably just "making conversation." Sometimes I ask someone if
      his or her name is Czech and he or she will say it is Polish! That "ek" at
      the end of a name gets me. But, I know about Kubicek. My grandmother
      Bessie Hellinger was a Kubicek.
      Diane Ashour
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
        Matt and Rochelle

        For your information Bernice is the daughter od Ladik and Emily
        Kubicek. She is my second cousin. She was also married to Jesse Roy
        Holub, who was my great uncle. I know Bernice and she is a wonderful
        lady. Jesse Roy died several years ago.

        Cullis

        From: rochelle@...
        Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:56:50 -0600

        I wanna say it was. Let me look on our decendants document. I have it
        opened looking at it anyways. The document says she is buried in Forest
        Park Lawndale Cemetery. And my great grandmother Hatie is burried in
        Garden of Gethsemani. I wish I could remember who they were. Let be
        call my grandfather, Julius. He would know.
        In my great grandfather's obit, it says
        Burial: 25 Sep 1973, Garden of Gethsemani, Forest Park Lawndale
        Cemetery, Houston, Harris, Texas
        So I assume Garden of Gethsemani is part of the Forest Park Lawndale
        Cemetery.
        Grampa confirmed it just now that it is..

        At 09:40 AM 12/7/2007, you wrote:

        Rochelle,

        Were they Ladik Kubicek and Emily Pechacek Kubicek? If so, Emily was
        your great-grandfather's niece. Adolph Gustav Pechacek was her father.

        To: TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com

        From: rochelle@...

        Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:35:32 -0600

        There are 2 Kubicek's that share a tombstone with my Great Grand
        mother. I visited her grave a few weeks (maybe about a month ago) and
        noticed that. My grandfather mentioned that they are related somehow.
        Maybe Matt knows. They share the tombstone with Hatie and Otto Pechacek
        in Houston.

        Also I have seen others looking for GRAHMANN.

        At 11:24 PM 12/6/2007, you wrote:

        I am curious why people here my name (Kubicek) and ask "are you

        Polish?" Is my name not Czech??

        Thanks

        William Kubicek

        Teaching in Seoul Korea

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        12/6/2007 11:15 PM

        You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i
        Initiative now. Join in!

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        12/6/2007 11:15 PM

        Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!

        http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003
      • Rochelle Bubenik Kinter