Valeks

  • granny pat
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      Which Valeks are you looking for? I have a few that are in the Karel and Anna Bednar Marek line.

      Pat

    • michelle
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "granny pat" <phejl@...> wrote:

        > Which Valeks are you looking for? I have a few that are in the Karel
        and Anna Bednar Marek line.

        > Pat

        Joseph Valek born 1843 Moravia, died 1914 Ennis TX. Wife Marie/Mary
        (Povolek) born 1848 Moravia, died 1922 Ennis TX. Son John Edward Valek
        born 1879 Moravia, died 1944 in Los Angeles CA. They immigrated around
        1880 but I have found no record. John married Annie Kubelka in 1906
        and had 11 children between 1906-1927, all of whom left TX about 1926.
      • Frances & Arthur von Rosenberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi Pat, it is Frances von Rosenberg; could you e-mail me in regard to translating the family obits we talked about Sunday at the reunion....my e-mail is

          Waiting to hear from you.
          Thanks Frances
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            I have Frank Valek, b. July 16, 1888 in Alsdorf, TX; d. Nov. 14, 1955 in Mineola, Wood County, TX. He married Zdenka Marie Marek, April 20, 1919. Zdenka was born April 4, 1900 in Elgin, Bastrop County, TX and died August 16, 1984 in Mineola. Both are buried in Sand Springs Cemetery.

            They had the following children:

            Charles John Valek, b. March 3, 1920; d. March 9, 1920
            Frank Miroslav Valek, b. 1920
            Adella Frances Valek, b. October 30, 1922 in Ennis, TX
            Albina Louise Valek, b. February 8, 1924 in Ennis, TX, d. January 8, 1990
            Victor Lewis Valek
            Benjamin Valek, b. January 16, 1934

            Hope this helps.

            Pat

          • michelle
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "granny pat" <phejl@...> wrote:

              > I have Frank Valek, b. July 16, 1888 in Alsdorf, TX; d. Nov. 14,
              1955 in Mineola, Wood County, TX. He married Zdenka Marie Marek,
              April 20, 1919. Zdenka was born April 4, 1900 in Elgin, Bastrop
              County, TX and died August 16, 1984 in Mineola. Both are buried in
              Sand Springs Cemetery.

              > They had the following children:
              >
              > Charles John Valek, b. March 3, 1920; d. March 9, 1920
              > Frank Miroslav Valek, b. 1920
              > Adella Frances Valek, b. October 30, 1922 in Ennis, TX
              > Albina Louise Valek, b. February 8, 1924 in Ennis, TX, d. January
              8, 1990
              > Victor Lewis Valek
              > Benjamin Valek, b. January 16, 1934
              >
              > Hope this helps.

              Thanks. That did help. I have been sorting Valeks, (and Franks, and
              Josephs, and Johns...you get the idea) and it helped clear things
              up. Do you know who Franks parents are??

              > Pat

            • granny pat
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
                No, I'm sorry I don't know Frank's father.

                Pat