obits posted

  • Steve Alvarez
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 13, 2001
      Hi Guys and Gals

      Well, I am back, not that I ever let.  Welcome Kathy!!!

      Those in the know, were informed I have been working very long hours with very little sleep. What time I did have was working on the obits.

      For those who are curious, Townsend issue is resolved, I had a couple of talks with her (e-mail) and all is well.
      And a lesson is learned.

      Richard K. keep doing what you are doing, which is a great job.  For those interested, I will only discuss the issue of the e-group direction in private. As I have told Richard Garza. (with a hack over the "z")  I have very deliberately and consciously stayed out of it and will continue to do so.

      When you put the hard headed attitude of a Czech and the hot temper of a Mexican together, things can get very vocal and I prefer not to be.  I have enough of that being a Union Rep. and having to fight with management where I work.  Enough said.  We can't air to much dirty laundry in front of our new member.  She might think ill of us.

      Now on to business.  A big thank you from the group should go to the hard work Bea and Sara have done to provide us with these 18 new obits.  And Bea must be working extra hard right now, because I have received more from her today and will post them as time permits.  We are now up to 118 obits.  Great job everyone.

      For Kathy (our new friend) they are located under the TexasCzech Obit link at:

      18 new obits.

      Cerny Emil George (New Ulm Enterprise)
      Cook (Janacek) Frances
      Dusek (Mach) Betty
      Fisher (Baca) Ruth
      Gorka (Muras) Dorothy
      Holub (Scharamm) Rose
      Iselt (Schadoll) Lydia
      Krenek Steve
      Kveton (Henneke) Evelyn
      Lenich Frank
      McKinney (Hruska ) Lillian
      Mura Method
      Salas Henry
      Schilhab Alfons
      Stos Agnes
      Sulak Walter
      Taylor Clinton
      Zalman Laddie

      God Bless
      Steve Alvarez

      Alvarez@...
      Zaruba, Lastovica, Pavlicek
    • 3maks@msn.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 13, 2001
        Hi Steve thanks for the welcome. I've read all the messages(took me
        a long time) so I'm not in the dark.

        Kathy OHIO

      • kotrlarj@juno.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 14, 2001
          Steve:

          Great job on the obits.

          Sorry I haven't contributed mine, as I am trying to complete the
          much delayed and I hope much anticipated surname database. It's
          almost ready.

          Richard Kotrla

          Researching: Kotrla, Kotrola, Kristof, Kristoff, Christoff, Kubena,
          Kubeyana, Repka, Balcar, Dusek, Marek, Hunka, Motl, Jezek, Slovacek,
          Jurin, Poncik, Klucasek, Mahac, Martinets, Martinek, Lichnovsky,
          Schiller, Friemel, Minter, Atkinson, Melnar,Machalek, Surovik,
          Eubanks, Groce, Blaha.

        • Steve Alvarez
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 16, 2001
            Thanks to Lois Petter Pereira and Bea Rost we now have 3 more obits, bring the total to 134 obits.

            Carter Harlie
            Kocurek Milton
            MIkeska (Juergens) Saide

            God Bless
            Steve Alvarez

          • Steve Alvarez
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 19, 2001
                Here are some new obits.  Posted by Leroy, Sara, Darlene and Lois.  And many more to come.  Sara has been very, very busy.

              Bielss Alfred
              Buxkemper Albert
              Kahanek (Lacina) Betty
              Klimek Frank
              McGinnis (Kubala) Evelyn
              Mikeska (Juergens) Sadie (copy 2)
              Miller Roger
              Novosad Robert
              Stavinoha Harvey
              Wheeler (Ungerer) Hildegard.

              God Bless
              Steve Alvarez

            • Steve Alvarez
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 19, 2001
                Here is somemore obits. Thanks to Sara Bartons' work & the contribution of Bea and Dan. Wendy &Gregg also have sent an obit in to add to the collection.

                I want you guys and gals to know Sara is busting her chops on these obits.  You have not seen what she has send me, I am playing catch up with her.

                We are now up to 161 obits and counting

                18 new obits.

                Schultz (Eilers) Nola
                Clark (Pechal) Beatrice
                Peters (Doege) Eleanor
                Karstedt Alana
                Wessels Delton
                Beyer Hugo
                Marburger George
                Matocha John
                Kallus Sarah
                Peschel (Rinn) Dessie
                Sabrsula Vivian
                Vacular (Kovar) Angeline
                Joesph (Cernosek) Agnes
                Voorhees Phyllis
                Kovar Henry
                Patton (Pavlik) Mary
                Schimara Walter
                Hajovsky Martha : Weimar Mercury Paper

                God Bless
                Steve Alvarez

              • Steve Alvarez
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 21, 2001
                  Thanks to Sara and Darlene here we go again.  More to come, from Sara.

                  Bezdek (Dornak) Janice
                  Buxkamper Edwin
                  Hlinsky (Struss) Leona
                  Iselt Lydia (New Ulm enterprise)
                  Jackson Robert
                  Junek Mae Willie
                  Kamas Thomas
                  Kovar (Vasicek) Martha
                  Marek (Fuller) Inez
                  Plagens (Slacik) Janice
                  Saski Madison
                  Schimara Walter (little bit different obit)
                  Shiller Milton
                  Thorn (Scherpig) Hattie

                  God Bless
                  Steve Alvarez

                • darlenbaker@cs.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 21, 2001
                    In a message dated 01/21/2001 8:02:55 PM Central Standard Time,
                    alvarez@... writes:

                    Thanks to Sara and Darlene here we go again.  More to come, from Sara.

                    Steve  ,

                    You are going to get tired of doing this!!

                    Darlene
                  • Steve Alvarez

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 22, 2001
                        Steve,

                        On what websites are these obits posted?

                        Thanks,  Jo Ann Polasek Sewell

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 23, 2001
                            Steve just wanted to say great job on posting the obituaries.  I need to find some time to go through and find some of the people that may fit into my tree.

                            Wendy and Greg Wittenbrook
                            wengreg@...

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 25, 2001
                                Thanks to Erwin, Darlene, Bea, And Sharon Sims we have 5 more obits posted.

                                Baumbach (Kulhanek) Alton
                                Galanti James
                                Krizak (Hanzelka) Edna
                                Pavlik (Wanjura) Anna
                                Pavlik Frank Sr.

                                God Bless
                                Steve Alvarez

                              • Steve Alvarez
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 30, 2001
                                  Sara has been at it again.  I hear her and Lois are going to gang up on me.  Thanks Bea and Dan for saving the papers.  And again thanks Darlene.

                                  God Bless
                                  Steve Alvarez

                                  Zapalac Glen
                                  LAURA ANN (BUTLER) KOCIAN
                                  GARDENIA THELMA (EINEIGL) JANSSEN
                                  AL CHERNOSKY
                                  ANTONIA (CERVENKA) KUCERA
                                  EDWARD  MAEKER
                                  MARGIE (HART) SCHIELACK
                                  WALTER MACHINSKY
                                  ARTHUR MEINARDUS
                                  LEON ANTON SEVCIK
                                  NORA (MIETH) MOHNKE
                                  MOLLIE (GIRNDT) KOEHL
                                  LEO JOSEPH HELLER
                                  RUDOLPH POPP
                                  LILLY (STELZIG) WIED
                                  CECILIA O. (MEYER) SCHUTTE
                                  ELFIS SOPHIE (MEINEN) TREYBIG
                                  ELMO ARTHUR MATUSKA
                                  EDNA (JANDA) WERNECKE
                                  LILLIAN (CERVENKA) MATULA
                                  GERTRUDE EVELYN VOGEL
                                  LU-NITA (GIESECKA) GUNN
                                  BRIAN ELLIS KULHANEK
                                  ESTER A. (MUENZLER) NEUMANN
                                  RUBY (WEYAND) KEILERS
                                  LORAINE KNEIP
                                  ROLAND E. GUETTLER
                                  LORRIANE T. KNUE
                                  JOHN C. SEIDL
                                  BERNARD F. ZATOPEK
                                  WOODROW V LESIKAR
                                  MARY (MICAN) PUSTEJOVSKY
                                  BILL KRENEK
                                  WILLIAM A. STEHLING
                                  JAMES ROBERT CRANEK
                                  L.K. (LOUIE) HLANAK

                                • Steve Alvarez
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 1, 2001
                                    We have new obits thanks Bea, and Darlene

                                    Belota (Evanicky) Lydia
                                    Vinklarek Fred
                                    Wells (Kuntz) Margaret

                                    God Bless
                                    Steve Alvarez

                                  • Steve Alvarez
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 6, 2001
                                      Thanks Kay and Darlene.  As usually the error thing.(smile)

                                      Hermis Linhart
                                      Honc Louis
                                      Jaks (Walla) Julia
                                      Kalich Reichold (obit 1)