Czech Newspaper in OK

  • MommaSpag@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2007
      Would anyone know the name of a Czech newspaper in OK around 1917?
      Thank you, Frances

    • sylviajean12@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2007
        I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that Yukon, Oklahama, with lots of Czechs might have had one.

        You might check and see if the organization - Oklahoma Czechs has a web site.  Or, you might try the number for the Yukon Czech Hall which was originally known as the Sokol.  The Benda family is real active there.  LaVern Benda teaches Czech dancing, etc.

        I probably have her number somewhere, but right now I do not have time to hunt for it.  I will do some checking.   Will be gone most of the day

        SYLVIA LAZNOVSKY
        972-878-3091