Kolache Festival

  • Julie Matus
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 8, 2007
      Hello Everyone -

      Wow!  We had a very good time at the Kolache Festival in Caldwell today!  Lots of good kolaches, good music, food and drinks.  It was very hot too!!  But we danced anyway.

      later, jam

      Julie & Wes Matus

      Researching:
      Herzik, Korenek, Toman, Dybala
      Matus, Kubala, Grossman, Krenek

    • beverlyblinka
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 8, 2009
        The Kolache Festival will be held Saturday, September 12th in Caldwell, Texas.
      • Julie & Wes Matus

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 9, 2009
            When I was growing up Labor Day in Caldwell was going to the Dime Box BBQ.  Sunday, my husband said this coming weekend was Kolache Festival in Caldwell.  He say it in the Chronicle.  I laughed, of course I knew.  The point being is Caldwell took the Kolache which everyone knows about and made it into a successful festival.  That was their "hook".  paulasmaggie

            The Kolache Festival will be held Saturday, September 12th in Caldwell, Texas.

          • jan.cohen
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 9, 2009
              --- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, "beverlyblinka" <beverlyblinka@...> wrote:

              > The Kolache Festival will be held Saturday, September 12th in Caldwell, Texas.

              Can you send me information about the Kolache Run? Thanks, Jan Lesikar Cohen
            • Lydia Mousner
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 9, 2009

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 10, 2009
                  K's on the square, the old Hughes-Doonan Car Dealership building has some great food. They even have BlueBell IceCream.
                • chefanita@classicnet.net
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 11, 2009

                    Bring your umbrellas! It's raining to beat the band right now!  YeHaw!  I'm not even worried about the Kolache dough I have rising on the kitchen stove.  Weeeeeeeeeee.....

                    Anita Prazak
                    Pampered Chef Consultant
                    979/200-9105
                    chefanita@...
                    www.pamperedchef.biz/chefanita1

                  • chefanita@classicnet.net
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 11, 2009

                      Paula,

                      Sadly, it's gotten away from being a Czech heritage event with all the non-Czech arts and crafts booths, the playland and the fried food vendors.  Wish it was more like it was when it first began - way more emphasis on "Czech" instead of the almighty dollar! :-(

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 11, 2009
                        Never been to the festival, my memories is of Labor Day Weekend in Dime Box.  Best BBQ every tasted.  paulasmaggie1

                        chefanita@classicne t.net
                        www.pamperedchef. biz/chefanita1